The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

For june 2015 Q10iii, I did that t = 1 - (2/x+2) (I used polynomial division on 2t/1-t) and then I substituted it into Y and I got the answer, but it was in the form of partial fractions shown in part 10i and 10ii of the question. Would I still have gotten all 4 marks?
Original post by physicskid123
For june 2015 Q10iii, I did that t = 1 - (2/x+2) (I used polynomial division on 2t/1-t) and then I substituted it into Y and I got the answer, but it was in the form of partial fractions shown in part 10i and 10ii of the question. Would I still have gotten all 4 marks?

oh wait don't worry just realised if I multiplied 7 + (8/x) + (6/x+2) by x(x+2) I get the answer they wanted.
euGHHH effort to revise C4, so close yet so far to the freedom that is Tuesday afternoon
I just cannot do C4.
Original post by rich1334
euGHHH effort to revise C4, so close yet so far to the freedom that is Tuesday afternoon

Same. I simultaneously can't wait till Tuesday afternoon but want more time to revise FP2 on Monday and Physics on Tuesday.
Reply 25
is there any topics unlikely to come up in c4 as they came up in c3
Can someone explain vectors for me?
Original post by manook16
Can someone explain vectors for me?

Is there a specific part you don't understand or the whole thing?

Mathshelper has a good explanation of vectors on their C4 revision sheet: http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/OCR%20C4%20Revision%20Sheet.pdf
C4 tomorrow, FP2 on Monday, Physics on Tuesday and M4 on Wednesday and I know nothing. I am busted.:frown::frown::frown:
I just did C4 2015 again, the flashbacks...
Original post by Dan1997
is there any topics unlikely to come up in c4 as they came up in c3

Not sure, but rates of change and volumes of revolution will most likely come up as they weren't in core 3, be prepared for a volumes of revolution question with a trig graph.
Original post by Snicherz
Not sure, but rates of change and volumes of revolution will most likely come up as they weren't in core 3, be prepared for a volumes of revolution question with a trig graph.

Thought vol of Rev is c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Thought vol of Rev is c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is but it didnt come up in core 3, anything in C3 is fair game in C4 (vols of rev have come up in C4 before)

eg. q6 of jan 2012
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Snicherz
Yeah it is but it didnt come up in core 3, anything in C3 is fair game in C4 (vols of rev have come up in C4 before)

eg. q6 of jan 2012

Lol seriously? Meh it's not a hard topic either way so idm

Posted from TSR Mobile
For June 2015, how do you do 10ii? I'm so confused?
I've never seen a proof Q with vectors come up so that may come up. I hope not cause I'm poo at proving, but still. Vectors seems like a hard topic but past paper Qs aren't that hard.
Reply 35
Original post by ArbaazMalik
I've never seen a proof Q with vectors come up so that may come up. I hope not cause I'm poo at proving, but still. Vectors seems like a hard topic but past paper Qs aren't that hard.

I multiply each P Q R term by x(x+2).

Returns P x(x+2) + Q (x+2) + R (x) === 7x^2+16x+16

Then solve by inspection.

Divide the numerator by the denominator, then write out as (quotient) + (remainder)/(denominator)
The quotient will be P, split up the second part into partial fractions as usual.
Original post by PotAuFeu
Is there a specific part you don't understand or the whole thing?

Mathshelper has a good explanation of vectors on their C4 revision sheet: http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/OCR%20C4%20Revision%20Sheet.pdf

The whole thing tbh! :frown: Thankyou this is great! :h:
June 2014 was quite a long and difficult paper, gosh
June 2014 was quite a long and difficult paper, gosh

Just did it too, could not do 10(i) at all!! (apart from the first easy mark).

Now trying to work out how to do it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending