The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dom1997
Yep but I don't think it is in the right form??

It was very stupid of me to put it like that but I do think it's in the right form.they asked for Ae^x. A=1 and e=(ln(e^2)/144)
Was quite good tbh, one of those papers that felt bad while doing it cos of the weird exact value answers but after checking on the calc and checking through again it was good. The substitution thing messed me up for a bit but got 2(x-2)^3/2 + 4(x-2)^1/2 or something like that?
Original post by Davidych
People say this was the hardest paper ever every year.
To be frank this paper was not the hardest out of all papers that exist out there
I would say 54-57 for an A)

Would be nice if someone created a mark scheme)

I agree It was an easy paper but 8 was hard to put in exact form and 9 was written in a difficult way and challenging to write in the correct form
Reply 103
Original post by tmoss99
It was very stupid of me to put it like that but I do think it's in the right form.they asked for Ae^x. A=1 and e=(ln(e^2)/144)

Technically you are right but that is pushing it imo as you can easily simplify it to (1/144)e^2
Original post by tmoss99

You'll lose 0/1 on what was a difficult question so I wouldn't worry.
Reply 105
Original post by mil88
Similar difficulty to last years paper, so alright paper overall

Last year was way easier
As an Asian, I am likely to be disowned after my parents find out the result :frown:

Edit: Friend of Asian here, I found that difficult wooo lower grade boundaries, my parents might as well be Asian the reply I got from them being told it was hardest paper out of the available online. RIPPERONI PEPPERONI

Also was there a question which was integrate from 1-8 (1/cube root 3) multiplied by lnx or am I mixing 2 questions together?
(edited 7 years ago)
I sentence C4 25 years in prison for rape and assault
Reply 108
Ran out of time.

Needed an A in maths for uni...totally f***ed now.
How many marks do you think I'd lose for not writing the answer to the last question in the right form? I was running out of time so I didn't simplify it and wrote it as e^2+4ln3+2ln6 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we get a mark scheme
can u guys still remember the one which was to work out two possible angle values?
what do you guys get?
Needed an A* in maths and don't think I got an A* in either C3 or C4
Reply 113
Failed that
Original post by yaoge1998
can u guys still remember the one which was to work out two possible angle values?
what do you guys get?

12.7 and 77.3?
Wat was the polynomial for the parametric question part (iii)????
Reply 116
Original post by LThomas694
How many marks do you think I'd lose for not writing the answer to the last question in the right form? I was running out of time so I didn't simplify it and wrote it as e^2+4ln3+2ln6 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same, I just assumed i flopped the whole Q but does that simplify to the right answer?
Original post by Hasan_96
Wat was the polynomial for the parametric question part (iii)????

i remember it was 2(1-x)-2(1-x)^3 so that expanded out. 2x^3-6x^2+4x

(edited 7 years ago)
For that vector angle question i got 18.4 and 77.3?? What did other people get?
Original post by duncant
12.7 and 77.3?

can you recall the question, which is two vectors containing sina and cosa?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending