The Student Room Group

In two hours the UK economy has lost $350 BILLION

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gora The Xplorer
So working class people are stupid? K.

Spoiler

im saying people who voted brexit as a protest against london bankers where hood-winked. eu did more for uks poor than nigel farage or boris johnson.
brexit side was good at stirring up misdirected anger
Original post by drogon
Look at you lot. We're going to lose our AAA rating which could lead to bankruptcy ffs.

:nopity:
Original post by Chakede
im saying people who voted brexit as a protest against london bankers where hood-winked. eu did more for uks poor than nigel farage or boris johnson.
brexit side was good at stirring up misdirected anger

I agree with this wholeheartedly, it was a nasty campaign and it appealed to people's hate and it saddens me that such tactics have actually produced a result for the people who campaigned on a platform of hate. The working class has been demonised, shoved out of their capital and forced into renting accommodation which is bad, only to be lectured by wealthy bankers and politicians. What else did you expect?
I agree with this wholeheartedly, it was a nasty campaign and it appealed to people's hate and it saddens me that such tactics have actually produced a result for the people who campaigned on a platform of hate. The working class has been demonised, shoved out of their capital and forced into renting accommodation which is bad, only to be lectured by wealthy bankers and politicians. What else did you expect?

which is true, but the working class cant exist in an isolated bubble - like it or not the wealthy classes and the working classes need each other to exist and survive in western society. this vote was settled though not on the facts and issues, but by fear-mongering , on one side the fuelling of ignorant and inaccurate xenophobia scapegoating of all problems- the other the condescending, nanny nagging proclamations of doom.
I'm a remainer, but this is bs lol, we didn't lose £350 Billion in two hours...
Then the EU should have worked for normal working class people and not just bankers who live in London.

What are you on about? Do you even know anything about the EU? They invested heavily in the poorest parts of the country that our own government neglects, and they introduced most of the legislation protecting workers and consumers. How did investing tens of millions in the run-down parts of the North East benefit the bankers in London?

You don't even know the difference between what the EU does and what our government does. IT'S OUR GOVERNMENT THAT NEGLECTS THE WORKING CLASS.
The UK is no longer the fifth largest economy.
Original post by JordanL_
What are you on about? Do you even know anything about the EU? They invested heavily in the poorest parts of the country that our own government neglects, and they introduced most of the legislation protecting workers and consumers. How did investing tens of millions in the run-down parts of the North East benefit the bankers in London?

You don't even know the difference between what the EU does and what our government does. IT'S OUR GOVERNMENT THAT NEGLECTS THE WORKING CLASS.

Factually speaking yes they did and I for one voted to remain, but look at the campaigns. Not one person heading the leave campaign represented White working class people.
Original post by Chakede
i think the EU poured money into some of the poorest areas in the UK for last 20 years. normal working class people you refer to have never realised this, they have only spent last 10 years reading about bankers in tabloids

The GDP per capita of the UK is larger than the GDP per capita of the EU. The net flow of charitable money was from the UK to the EU not the otherway around.

If it is as you claim, then you are saying the UK, with a larger GDP per capita than the EU was taking money from the EU. That's taking money from the poor countries and giving to the rich which is grossly unfair.

The only benefit of the EU is in the ease of negotiating trade agreements, which we will still be able to do.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending