The Student Room Group

Are my predicted GCSEs good enough?

Hi! Thanks for reading my thread! I am currently finishing year 9 and im not shure if i should be happy with the predicted grades my school gave me. They are:
Mathematics-A
English Lit-A*
English Lang-A*
Geography-A*
History-A
Biology-A*
Physics-A*
Chemisty-A
German-B

These are the GCSEs im doing in year 10&11. Are they OK? Im worried about German!
Why you worried? So you think A* and As is really bad your even lucky to be having that as your predicted grades besides you're in year 9 don't stress leave that for year 11 bruv!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate it when people think As and Bs are bad... Some people arent as lucky as you. You should feel proud of what you can achieve. However it is always good to strive higher.
Original post by TheGoodStudent
Hi! Thanks for reading my thread! I am currently finishing year 9 and im not shure if i should be happy with the predicted grades my school gave me. They are:
Mathematics-A
English Lit-A*
English Lang-A*
Geography-A*
History-A
Biology-A*
Physics-A*
Chemisty-A
German-B

These are the GCSEs im doing in year 10&11. Are they OK? Im worried about German!

It doesn't matter what the school predicts what matters is the grades you get on results day. Someone I know had target grades of C's in everything and at results day he got straight A's and A*'s
They would be great grades if you achieve them. However atm they mean nothing, so work hard to achieve and surpass them.
Reply 5
Mathematics-A
English Lit-A*
English Lang-A*
Geography-A*
History-A
Biology-A*
Physics-A*
Chemisty-A
German-B

They are fantastic just keep working hard and try to excel them.
English Lang-A*

shure

In all seriousness though, I don't know how on Earth you can consider those grades bad. There are only 4 subjects that aren't an A*, and one that isn't an A. It almost looks as if you're trying to brag. Just relax, you're in year 9, you've got ages yet...
Predictions mean Absolutley nothing. IMO, you should aim for the Grades you want to achieve, not those the school wants you to..

Quick Reply

Latest