I am looking to apply to:
Exeter- Finance (IB Pathway)
Warwick- Accounting and Finance
LSE-Accounting and Finance
Bristol- Accounting and Finance
Durham-Accounting and Finance
Bath- Accounting and Finance
KCL-Accounting and Finance
Do I have a competitive application to these courses? secondly are these good courses for Investment Banking? Finally are there any supercurriculars you can suggest e.g. books, clubs ect?
Reply 1
Original post by JHW123
I am looking to doa finance related course at uni, at GCSE I got:
Maths-8
Further Maths-8
English Lang- 8
chemistry-8
Physics-8
Biolog-7
English lit -6
pe-6
history-6
spanish-6
And at college I take:
Maths- A*(predicted)
Further Maths- A(predicted)
Economics-A (predicted)
I am looking to apply to:
Exeter- Finance (IB Pathway)
Warwick- Accounting and Finance
LSE-Accounting and Finance
Bristol- Accounting and Finance
Durham-Accounting and Finance
Bath- Accounting and Finance
KCL-Accounting and Finance
Do I have a competitive application to these courses? secondly are these good courses for Investment Banking? Finally are there any supercurriculars you can suggest e.g. books, clubs ect?
Hi, I am applying for A+F courses for 2024 entry. I have had offers last year but missed them in part due to my own complacency and various health issues. So far I have offers from Durham and KCL for 2024 with 2a*bc achieved and a*a predicted in the subjects I am resitting.

That being said, for 2023 entry, I applied for finance specifically at Durham and LSE, with 3a*a predicted grades with an A in FM, and got offers from both. I think the general consensus is, your predicted grades are good enough for all of them. I would recommend applying to maybe 2-3 aspirational choices, ie LSE/Warwick/KCL and 2 safeties. I would argue that Durham also counts as a safety as I know someone retaking a levels having achieved ABC who has a place for 2024 for A+F. It is all down to writing a good personal statement which highlights an interest in BOTH A+F. I can't really comment on accounting as I am re-applying this year but for finance, you can write about economics and various themes that interest you. I put in a book, "why nations fail" as well as a paragraph about my John Locke essay on bitcoin. I also included work experience in the field, which you can get online, or if you are fortunate enough to have connections, in person too! All of these courses have a good reputation in the real world, but I would argue that in your list, LSE and Warwick are the biggest targets for Investment banking.

Your stats are good enough to apply, but try and get your predicted grades up esp for LSE due to sheer competition. Your GCSEs are relatively strong and I think you meet the requirements for unis like LSE which mention a strong gcse profile. But above all, write a damn good PS. That probably matters the most to unis.

But, I would argue that for this year, if you are not successful in getting offers that you want, just work really hard on your A levels and reapply next year. If you achieve your predicted grades or exceed them, most of these unis will bite your hand off. Don't wait around for a uni to motivate you and start work right now. Good luck and feel free to DM me if you need advice!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by marclkg
Hi, I am applying for A+F courses for 2024 entry. I have had offers last year but missed them in part due to my own complacency and various health issues. So far I have offers from Durham and KCL for 2024 with 2a*bc achieved and a*a predicted in the subjects I am resitting.
That being said, for 2023 entry, I applied for finance specifically at Durham and LSE, with 3a*a predicted grades with an A in FM, and got offers from both. I think the general consensus is, your predicted grades are good enough for all of them. I would recommend applying to maybe 2-3 aspirational choices, ie LSE/Warwick/KCL and 2 safeties. I would argue that Durham also counts as a safety as I know someone retaking a levels having achieved ABC who has a place for 2024 for A+F. It is all down to writing a good personal statement which highlights an interest in BOTH A+F. I can't really comment on accounting as I am re-applying this year but for finance, you can write about economics and various themes that interest you. I put in a book, "why nations fail" as well as a paragraph about my John Locke essay on bitcoin. I also included work experience in the field, which you can get online, or if you are fortunate enough to have connections, in person too! All of these courses have a good reputation in the real world, but I would argue that in your list, LSE and Warwick are the biggest targets for Investment banking.
Your stats are good enough to apply, but try and get your predicted grades up esp for LSE due to sheer competition. Your GCSEs are relatively strong and I think you meet the requirements for unis like LSE which mention a strong gcse profile. But above all, write a damn good PS. That probably matters the most to unis.
But, I would argue that for this year, if you are not successful in getting offers that you want, just work really hard on your A levels and reapply next year. If you achieve your predicted grades or exceed them, most of these unis will bite your hand off. Don't wait around for a uni to motivate you and start work right now. Good luck and feel free to DM me if you need advice!
Thank you so much for the help, has given me a lot of confidence. any suggestions on books to include in PS?
Reply 3
Original post by JHW123
Thank you so much for the help, has given me a lot of confidence. any suggestions on books to include in PS?
No problem, always happy to help. Your book can be either on accounting or finance. There’s quite a big list for both. What interests you in accounting? And what interests you in finance? This will determine what you read. I see most people mention the financial crisis for accounting but don’t be afraid to be different!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending