The Student Room Group

Are my stats good enough for Law at LSE/UCL

I'm a year 12 student who would love to study law at LSE/UCL and I'm just wondering if my grades are competitive enough.
GCSE:9888877766
A Levels: Economics Geography Sociology
I have no predicted grades yet but I have a benchmark of about AAA which is my target grade based on GCSEs and computer aptitude tests.
also I'm a contextual student if that helps
Brooooo literally same with me i got GCSE results very similar to urs (9988887776) and im predicted AAA, i hope u get an answer cus im wondering the same thing too. But tbf ive heard that its very hard to just go off grades cos personal statement n everything but yh .
You're predicted below the standard offer which is not a strong start. GCSEs are probably fine for LSE (I don't think UCL really uses them that much?).

You'd probably really need to aim to get predicted A*AA which is the standard offer for both law courses (although anthropology and law at LSE just has a standard offer of AAA).
Original post by artful_lounger
You're predicted below the standard offer which is not a strong start. GCSEs are probably fine for LSE (I don't think UCL really uses them that much?).

You'd probably really need to aim to get predicted A*AA which is the standard offer for both law courses (although anthropology and law at LSE just has a standard offer of AAA).

Wait ok so say if i get AAA in my actual predicted grades cos the AAA was based on aptitude test that i did.. is there no chance for me to get in,…
Original post by rabiiii379
Wait ok so say if i get AAA in my actual predicted grades cos the AAA was based on aptitude test that i did.. is there no chance for me to get in,…

They may still make you an offer (it'd be the standard A*AA offer though), but you'll probably be less competitive and less likely to get an offer in the first place.
Original post by Bombatunde
I'm a year 12 student who would love to study law at LSE/UCL and I'm just wondering if my grades are competitive enough.
GCSE:9888877766
A Levels: Economics Geography Sociology
I have no predicted grades yet but I have a benchmark of about AAA which is my target grade based on GCSEs and computer aptitude tests.
also I'm a contextual student if that helps

Perhaps you should apply for Sociology? or Geography? Because you would be more likely to get into LSE and UCL and even Oxford or Cambridge. Then you could do postgraduate law conversion. 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger

Yeah the AAA isn’t my prediction it’s just a really rough estimate.I’m one of the only people i know to have a single A with most being B’s,so i’m expecting A*AA or A*A*A predictions.With those am i good?
Reply 7
Yes, your grades are good enough if you get A*AA+ predicted so you should focus on your personal statement and LNAT because that will be the differentiating factor
Hey 100% go for it!! By time you get to year 13 you’ll definitely be able to get your predicted grades up and don’t just pick a different degree going off what some people say, go with your gut and your dream, if law is your passion it’ll reflect in your personal statement and you’ll have just as good a chance as everyone else :smile:
Original post by Bombatunde
Yeah the AAA isn’t my prediction it’s just a really rough estimate.I’m one of the only people i know to have a single A with most being B’s,so i’m expecting A*AA or A*A*A predictions.With those am i good?

honestly, being in year 12 your predicted grades are really good. It will increase when you get to year 13 so you will be fine. Focus on your LNATs bc that is a differentiator for higher applicants. My personal statement was really good and my prediction was 3 A* but got rejected by UCL bc i did average in my LNAT and wasnt competitive enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending