The Student Room Group

Grades for dentistry (in specific GCSES)

Hi all,

My final predicted grades have just come in, I know it is a bit early to start deciding whether im on the right “path” or not, but I’d like to know if my predicted grades would be good enough for dentistry (saying I achieve them)

My grades are 8888777654

all of my sciences are 8 with maths at a 7, im doing biology, chemistry and psychology at A level and have been told I am “very capable” of achieving 3 A’s, so in a world where I do, would my GCSEs be of an acceptable level? I feel like they’re strong, but after looking around I feel as if they are too weak now. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Original post by Txylorrr123
Hi all,
My final predicted grades have just come in, I know it is a bit early to start deciding whether im on the right “path” or not, but I’d like to know if my predicted grades would be good enough for dentistry (saying I achieve them)
My grades are 8888777654
all of my sciences are 8 with maths at a 7, im doing biology, chemistry and psychology at A level and have been told I am “very capable” of achieving 3 A’s, so in a world where I do, would my GCSEs be of an acceptable level? I feel like they’re strong, but after looking around I feel as if they are too weak now. Any thoughts would be appreciated
For dentistry I’d say your GCSE predicted grades are probably considered average. They wouldn’t significantly hurt your application but neither would they help. Your science grades are strong through which is good! GCSEs are just one component amongst other things in your application (UCAT, work experience, volunteering, personal statement and A Level predicted grades) What is your english predicted grade? This should be at least a 5/6.

Keep working hard and you can easily surpass these predicted grades - I surpassed many of mine.
Reply 2
Original post by berryverse
For dentistry I’d say your GCSE predicted grades are probably considered average. They wouldn’t significantly hurt your application but neither would they help. Your science grades are strong through which is good! GCSEs are just one component amongst other things in your application (UCAT, work experience, volunteering, personal statement and A Level predicted grades) What is your english predicted grade? This should be at least a 5/6.
Keep working hard and you can easily surpass these predicted grades - I surpassed many of mine.

hi and thank you for your response, my predicted grades are 5 for lit and 7 for language, however I am more than confident I can raise my literature to a 6. So if I had to guess I’d say im more than capable of 7 and 6 and have been told so. Hearing my grades are average is almost relieving as some things I have seen recently has slightly put me down 😭

Quick Reply

Latest