The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Derby Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snr1
So did I!! Really excited! Do you know which flat?

I'm in flat 4!! That's so exciting that I've found someone else on the first floor! What flat are you in?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Sophiefarr1998
I'm in flat 4!! That's so exciting that I've found someone else on the first floor! What flat are you in?

Flat 8! :smile: Do you know if first floor means one off of the ground or its on the Ground Floor?
Original post by Snr1
Flat 8! :smile: Do you know if first floor means one off of the ground or its on the Ground Floor?

Cool we will be near by and defo meet then!:smile: I think it's one off of the ground!😂 So we only have one flight of stairs to climb after a night out😉😂
Reply 23
xD That's exactly was I thinking.. if you want to find out who you're with next year, try typing 'Cathedral Court Derby Halls 2017/2018' into Facebook and join the group (if you haven't already...) there are quite a few flat 4 people on there already :smile: That's a relief, might actually get some exercise (you know... all of one staircase worth :smile: )
Original post by Snr1
xD That's exactly was I thinking.. if you want to find out who you're with next year, try typing 'Cathedral Court Derby Halls 2017/2018' into Facebook and join the group (if you haven't already...) there are quite a few flat 4 people on there already :smile: That's a relief, might actually get some exercise (you know... all of one staircase worth :smile: )

Oh my god really! Thank you for the tip I will do that straight away!! Oh yeah that will defo be my only exercise, walking to and from the clubs 😂 Knowing me I will still fall down them and break my ankles tho:frown: 😂
Reply 25
Oh my god really! Thank you for the tip I will do that straight away!! Oh yeah that will defo be my only exercise, walking to and from the clubs 😂 Knowing me I will still fall down them and break my ankles tho:frown: 😂

yep! that unibus thingy seems really useful... i.e. me not walking anywhere but shopping, clubs and those stairs... omg i know... bet you within the first week I will have fallen down them when drunk and will have ended up camping at the bottom for a night...
Original post by Snr1
yep! that unibus thingy seems really useful... i.e. me not walking anywhere but shopping, clubs and those stairs... omg i know... bet you within the first week I will have fallen down them when drunk and will have ended up camping at the bottom for a night...

Oh for sure, I am not fit enough for a half an hour walk to the uni, that free bus pass will save my life! Oh my god yes, there will just be a collection of us camping at the bottom every night, we will have to put an emergency sleeping bag and tent by the bottom of the stairs!😂
Reply 27
it's about the same distance from home to sixth form so it wouldn't be too different... slightly less soggy when it rains though with the bus. Yeah, become a permanent fixture at the bottom of the stairs! "this is where you collect your post from, this is where the students who are too drunk to walk up stairs sleep, and this is the leisure room."
Original post by Snr1
it's about the same distance from home to sixth form so it wouldn't be too different... slightly less soggy when it rains though with the bus. Yeah, become a permanent fixture at the bottom of the stairs! "this is where you collect your post from, this is where the students who are too drunk to walk up stairs sleep, and this is the leisure room."

Oh god I pity you, I would not be able to walk for that amount of time in winter! Thank the lord I drive! Hahaha we should defo tell them to include that in their accommodation tours now, I'm sure it would entice so many more people! Although i just realised that they most probably have a lift and that our whole idea isn't even necesssary 😂 Oops
Reply 29
Ehh I made the choice not to learn how to drive, it's something for after uni, don't really need it now, everything is within walking distance or i just take public transport.
Oh my god yes! Lifts.... hmm why didn't i think of that... :biggrin:
Original post by Snr1
Ehh I made the choice not to learn how to drive, it's something for after uni, don't really need it now, everything is within walking distance or i just take public transport.
Oh my god yes! Lifts.... hmm why didn't i think of that... :biggrin:

Yeah lots of people choose that, I just know I defo wouldn't have done it if I left it 😂😂 god we are idiots not thinking of that, RIP us at university 😭
Reply 31
Yeah lots of people choose that, I just know I defo wouldn't have done it if I left it 😂😂 god we are idiots not thinking of that, RIP us at university 😭

how the hell did we even get accepted if we didn't think of that??!!!
I got my interview in feb hoping to stay in student halls as a first year. Anyone know which hall is the best?
Original post by MattyLeeT18
I got my interview in feb hoping to stay in student halls as a first year. Anyone know which hall is the best?

HI guys, I just completed my degree at Derby. If there are any questions you want to ask me, fire away?
Original post by john2054
HI guys, I just completed my degree at Derby. If there are any questions you want to ask me, fire away?

If you apply directly to the uni how do you get your student number?

I think you may get this on enrolment. I could be wrong though?

I applied directly to the uni & got given my student number on my offer letter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C.Perry93
I applied directly to the uni & got given my student number on my offer letter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah i only got a interview which involves the following.

A presentation by academic staff
An assessed group discussion about your experiences and readiness for university study
An assessed group discussion on responding to the needs of young people
An individual interview to explore your interest in youth and community work, your values, equality and readiness to study at degree level
A written task based on your evaluation and reflections on the day.

Not sure if you have to wait to see if you got in or if they tell you on the day.
I didn't have to have an interview. What are you applying for? Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't done mine yet, Ill probably try next week, next month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending