The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Clearing Support

Hi,

I'm Clare, a graduate of the Uni and working on the clearing hotline.
I'm here if you have any questions or concerns - please just drop a message in here.

we'd love to know if you managed to secure the place you were hoping for through clearing - or if we can help in any way

:smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Woop woop :rave:

Well done to everyone who's been placed so far! :woohoo:

#BeResultsProud
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by WolvesRep2
Hi,

I'm here if you have any questions or concerns - please just drop a message in here.

we'd love to know if you managed to secure the place you were hoping for through clearing - or if we can help in any way

Hi Clare,

I hope you are well.

So basically I have applied to study BSc Diagnostic Radiography at Sheffield Hallam through clearing. The application was made over the phone on the 17th of August 2023 ( results day) . They said someone will be in touch with me to talk to me about my application and also to interview.

But it's been 3 days already and nobody has been in touch with me. Every time I call them they just say someone will give me a call back but they never say by when or anything.

Is it something I should be worried about?
Original post by lamiyak0002
Hi Clare,

I hope you are well.

So basically I have applied to study BSc Diagnostic Radiography at Sheffield Hallam through clearing. The application was made over the phone on the 17th of August 2023 ( results day) . They said someone will be in touch with me to talk to me about my application and also to interview.

But it's been 3 days already and nobody has been in touch with me. Every time I call them they just say someone will give me a call back but they never say by when or anything.

Is it something I should be worried about?

Have you looked around for other universities offering this course?
I would do that while you are waiting for Hallam.
Original post by 04MR17
Have you looked around for other universities offering this course?
I would do that while you are waiting for Hallam.

yes, I have. Derby, st George, dmu, and Suffolk.

But Sheffield is my top choice hence why I am so worried.

But what do you think of this situation anyway?
yes, I have. Derby, st George, dmu, and Suffolk.

But Sheffield is my top choice hence why I am so worried.

But what do you think of this situation anyway?

Have these other unis given you verbal offers?
What deadlines have they given?
Original post by 04MR17
Have these other unis given you verbal offers?
What deadlines have they given?

so Derby said an academic will give me a call.
had an interview at st George and they said they will email me later about whether I get a place or not.
dmu has put me on a waiting list.
i have an offer from suffolk.
but suffolk and st George are my last option as i would need to move out to go to uni but I am not completely against it tho. It's just an extra loan I would need to take out which i would like to avoid hence why i m very keen on the unis in the midlands.

Also, suffolk said I should let them know my decision in 2 weeks time.
so Derby said an academic will give me a call.
had an interview at st George and they said they will email me later about whether I get a place or not.
dmu has put me on a waiting list.
i have an offer from suffolk.
but suffolk and st George are my last option as i would need to move out to go to uni but I am not completely against it tho. It's just an extra loan I would need to take out which i would like to avoid hence why i m very keen on the unis in the midlands.

Also, suffolk said I should let them know my decision in 2 weeks time.

Okay, so you're in a really good position here. You have an offer from Suffolk and a very generous deadline to respond to that.

St George is in progress and Derby are doing the same as Hallam with saying they'll be in touch and then not.

@Sheffield Hallam University @hallamstudents, can we find out waiting times for calling applicants for Radiography specifically? Just so that this person has an idea of when they may be contacted.

Keep your phone on noise and answer any calls from withheld numbers.
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, so you're in a really good position here. You have an offer from Suffolk and a very generous deadline to respond to that.

St George is in progress and Derby are doing the same as Hallam with saying they'll be in touch and then not.

@Sheffield Hallam University @hallamstudents, can we find out waiting times for calling applicants for Radiography specifically? Just so that this person has an idea of when they may be contacted.

Keep your phone on noise and answer any calls from withheld numbers.

Yes, I have put my phone on high volume since results day!
Hopefully, I will receive a call back from Derby or Sheffield next week!

Original post by WolvesRep2
Hi,

heyyy!=)) hope ur well
ive applied for diagnostic radiography and got an offer from my firm and insurance choice. only problem is i changed my mind and want to go to my insurance choice BCU now. ive wanted to for a while but i was confirming accommodation before firming BCU. the accommodation providers had me really worried as they were not responding at all after getting my deposit. i was really tensed at that time. once that was sorted the ucas deadline to swap firm and insurance choices had gone. =(. something i really regret everyday now:frown:
BCU diid offer me a place and its my original offer however the uni of Leicester accepted me so i lost my place at BCU which makes me even more sad. ive called several times now tht maybe ONEE spot cleared up for me but theyre full. im looking to see if anyone doing the same course at bcu would like to swap with me if the uni allows it. because going bcu is easier for me as its closer to home and I've also booked accommodation there and im scared of loosing my 2k deposit+first rent installment. i desperately need to get into bcu and dont understand what more to do, who to email, who to ask for help and how to convince BCU to keep me. i was thinking if i should email the lady that took my interview as she is also the course lead and see if maybe she can do any arrangements to accommodate me. i wish the accomodation providers replied to me earlier and answered my question so i could've had confirmed it and then swap my choices before the deadline. anyyy guidance will be really appreciated. Thank you so mych
Original post by bismah_ahmed02
diagnostic radiography
got an offer from my firm and insurance choice.
changed my mind and want to go to my insurance choice BCU now. ive wanted to for a while but i was confirming accommodation before firming BCU. the accommodation providers had me really worried as they were not responding at all after getting my deposit. i was really tensed at that time. once that was sorted the ucas deadline to swap firm and insurance choices had gone. =(. something i really regret everyday now:frown:
BCU diid offer me a place and its my original offer however the uni of Leicester accepted me so i lost my place at BCU which makes me even more sad. ive called several times now tht maybe ONEE spot cleared up for me but theyre full. im looking to see if anyone doing the same course at bcu would like to swap with me if the uni allows it. because going bcu is easier for me as its closer to home and I've also booked accommodation there and im scared of loosing my 2k deposit+first rent installment. i desperately need to get into bcu and dont understand what more to do, who to email, who to ask for help and how to convince BCU to keep me. i was thinking if i should email the lady that took my interview as she is also the course lead and see if maybe she can do any arrangements to accommodate me. i wish the accomodation providers replied to me earlier and answered my question so i could've had confirmed it and then swap my choices before the deadline. anyyy guidance will be really appreciated. Thank you so mych

You can't convince BCU to keep you.
You need to find a place to live in Leicester NOW
And ask to be put on a waiting list for BCU if they operate one.
You also need to cancel your accommodation at BCU and request the deposit is refunded to you.
Do that now.

Course is more important than accommodation every single time. Hopefully we've learnt that lesson now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending