The Student Room Group

Concentration

how do you work out the concentration of a solution?
Concentration is the moles of substance per decimetre cubed of volume

C = n/V , to calculate a concentration you'd have to have the volume of water you're dissolving it in, the number of moles (or mass)
Reply 2
Original post by potassiumnitrate
Concentration is the moles of substance per decimetre cubed of volume

C = n/V , to calculate a concentration you'd have to have the volume of water you're dissolving it in, the number of moles (or mass)

i have to work out the concentration from a set of results which i have collected from my titration experiment, how would i do that?
Original post by Zaky17
i have to work out the concentration from a set of results which i have collected from my titration experiment, how would i do that?

So in a titration experiment, the titre volume you've measured should have a known concentration. The liquid in the conical flask ( that you tapped the titre into) should be the concentration you're trying to find?

Write out the equation between the two reactants to find the ratio that they react in.

The number of moles that reacted in the titre and be used to find the number of moles in the solution you need to find

then you'll have the moles and the volume of the liquid in the conical flask.

you could probably write this out in a table or something to make the calculations easier
Reply 4
Original post by potassiumnitrate
So in a titration experiment, the titre volume you've measured should have a known concentration. The liquid in the conical flask ( that you tapped the titre into) should be the concentration you're trying to find?

Write out the equation between the two reactants to find the ratio that they react in.

The number of moles that reacted in the titre and be used to find the number of moles in the solution you need to find

then you'll have the moles and the volume of the liquid in the conical flask.

you could probably write this out in a table or something to make the calculations easier

Thank you! :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Zaky17
Thank you! :tongue:

Ooops i also forgot i have to work out the concentration of copper sulphate in a dilution experiment have my absorbance results but i don't know how im supposed to work out the concentration from them.

Quick Reply

Latest