The Student Room Group

Cambridge GCSE Requirements

Is 6 A* stars 3 As and 1Bs good for Cambridge including an A* star in Further Maths?
Original post by Thilakshan
Is 6 A* stars 3 As and 1Bs good for Cambridge including an A* star in Further Maths?

Depending upon the subject it's probably slightly below the average applicant, but Cambridge is very holistic so with a strong application all round they wouldn't hold you back.
Reply 2

It's above average as an applicant, but there are few specific GCSE requirements for Cambridge.

Your A-levels (or equivalents) are much more important.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/gcse-and-a-level-requirements-facts
Only 6A*s! Come back when you have 500A*s pshh.
Reply 4
I want to apply for Engineering?
Mechanical Engineering to be more precise :wink:
Reply 5
I want to apply for Engineering?
Mechanical Engineering to be more precise :wink:

They are still absolutely fine. As I said, your A-levels (ie. for Engineering; Maths, FM and Physics) are more important.
I believe I read once that the typical strong Cambridge applicant has 4 A*'s and the the rest of the GCSEs as a's.
Original post by Avarti
I believe I read once that the typical strong Cambridge applicant has 4 A*'s and the the rest of the GCSEs as a's.

Hi I can get 4 A*s and rest As in all my subjects except art which is the only one I might get a B/Cl on will that affect me?
Reply 8
Original post by Popsiclez
will that affect me?

Nope. It's completely fine.
Original post by Popsiclez
Hi I can get 4 A*s and rest As in all my subjects except art which is the only one I might get a B/Cl on will that affect me?

Unless it's something for like architecture then not at all.

Quick Reply

Latest