The Student Room Group

Which is worse; Alcohol or Weed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
Weed is mentally more damaging in terms of the links to schizophrenia, paranoia, exacerbating mental illnesses etc. whereas alcohol is much harder on the body physically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alcohol dulls the mind aswell quite massively. People rarely get in to fights after cannabis or e, infact very often they see things from a different perspective. Apart from the schizophrenia risk widespread cannabis use would probably improve society. Alcohol however is probably the single worst affliction affecting western society today.
Original post by DeHumanisation
Alcohol dulls the mind aswell quite massively. People rarely get in to fights after cannabis or e, infact very often they see things from a different perspective. Apart from the schizophrenia risk widespread cannabis use would probably improve society. Alcohol however is probably the single worst affliction affecting western society today.

Fighting from alcohol really isn't as big a problem as people make out. How many people drank in the last year? Millions. How many of those got in a fight as a result of alcohol? Very few. Millions of people drink everyday and don't fight. Even when it does happen, pissed up lads fighting is hardly a threat to wider society.
Weed is mentally more damaging in terms of the links to schizophrenia, paranoia, exacerbating mental illnesses etc. whereas alcohol is much harder on the body physically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mix them both together to cover all bases :borat:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sternumator
Fighting from alcohol really isn't as big a problem as people make out. How many people drank in the last year? Millions. How many of those got in a fight as a result of alcohol? Very few. Millions of people drink everyday and don't fight. Even when it does happen, pissed up lads fighting is hardly a threat to wider society.

Its police resources that could be better used elsewhere. Then there is stuff like ONS and teen pregnancy (which might be triggered by weed aswell though idk) which are massive risks with alcohol. Women and alcohol aswell are just a huge no no and mothers shouldnt ever be anywhere near the stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nonsense, alcohol is just as good at ****ing you up mentally.
Weed, I would say. Drugs were always considered as worse by myself. Thus people who are stoned are worse than the ones who are drunken.
Original post by Kallisto
Weed, I would say. Drugs were always considered as worse by myself. Thus people who are stoned are worse than the ones who are drunken.

Alcohol is a drug you silly sausage.
Original post by unban Goat Boy
Alcohol is a drug you silly sausage.

Okay, stirctly speaking, you are right. Nevertheless I make a difference between semiluxury foods which contain a certain amount of psychoactive drugs and pure substances like weed for instance.

There is no reason to be offensive, so calm down.
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay, stirctly speaking, you are right. Nevertheless I make a difference between semiluxury foods which contain a certain amount of psychoactive drugs and pure substances like weed for instance.

Doesn't seem like a sensible way of looking at it, that would make a cake laced with cyanide less bad than pure weed.

There is no reason to be offensive, so calm down.

You were offended by silly sausage?
Original post by unban Goat Boy

(...) You were offended by silly sausage?

I have considered this as an offensive, yeah. Just because I have another (wrong) view for alcohols.
I have considered this as an offensive, yeah. Just because I have another (wrong) view for alcohols.

Well i am sorry you were offended, to me a silly sausage is a nice thing, i had no idea anyone would find it offensive. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending