The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth Uni (BA Photography) Interview Advice?

I have a Photography interview coming up at Falmouth and I was just wondering whether anyone has had theres yet, how it was like and any advice they could offer? It's my top choice uni so I'd really appreciate any help :smile: thank you!x
I had mine this friday just gone, it was like a chat with a lecturer and a 3rd year student, the questions were very general and there were no horrible catch you out ones!! Just get across your want to be on the course as much as possible!
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by Alice2490
I had mine this friday just gone, it was like a chat with a lecturer and a 3rd year student, the questions were very general and there were no horrible catch you out ones!! Just get across your want to be on the course as much as possible!
Oh ok, for some reason I was thinking they would ask really difficult questions haha so that's reassuring then, thank you!! Is Falmouth your top choice and also how long did the interview last for?
Yep it is! It lasted around 20 minutes
Original post by Alice2490
Yep it is! It lasted around 20 minutes

Ah cool, thank you so much!
Hey how did your interviews go? any news? i have mine coming up but I'm a mature student!! :O
Original post by LJCFOREVER
Hey how did your interviews go? any news? i have mine coming up but I'm a mature student!! :O

The interview itself went really badly but I got a conditional offer so I guess it went well?! Ah that's cool, good luck!!
Original post by saskiaelisabet
The interview itself went really badly but I got a conditional offer so I guess it went well?! Ah that's cool, good luck!!

Oh no really!? why do you think that?
what types of questions did they ask you?
thank you! fingers crossed!
well done you got an offer so you can't of done to bad ;P
Oh no really!? why do you think that?
what types of questions did they ask you?
thank you! fingers crossed!
well done you got an offer so you can't of done to bad ;P

Well since Falmouth is my first choice I was super nervous and I couldn't answer a lot of the questions because of it haha! I was so sure that I had completely ruined my chances of getting an offer😅But I'm so relieved now - just need to get the A-Levels haha
They asked:
Why Falmouth?
Why study Photography?
What books have you read about photographic criticism?
Favourite Photographers?
Any photographic exhibitions that you have recently visited?
And then they make you say which picture out of your portfolio you like the least/best and why!
Hope this helps ☺️
Oh bless you! I think they can see past nervousness and tbh that shows how much someone wants something!.I'm sure your portfolio was strong enough for them to give you a place anyway so well done!. you will pass your A Levels just go for it! i did mine 10 years ago but I'm sure they have changed since then!
thats excellent thank you! i will jot them down and get some answers going.
your a star! X
Oh bless you! I think they can see past nervousness and tbh that shows how much someone wants something!.I'm sure your portfolio was strong enough for them to give you a place anyway so well done!. you will pass your A Levels just go for it! i did mine 10 years ago but I'm sure they have changed since then!
thats excellent thank you! i will jot them down and get some answers going.
your a star! X

Thank you and no worries!! I hope all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest