The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carriem
Hey I just accepted a place at Falmouth to do photography, and I was wondering who else has? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking about choosing it too. I have offers from 5 universities, but this one, for some reason, is closest to my heart😄 I think it would be a great place to study photography. Even though I have never been there.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 81
Well done! Yeah it does really look amazing, and yeah I hadn't been down there before but it's so pretty there! Great for photos aha
I've chosen falmouth uni as my firm choice as well! if I get in, I'm going to be studying animation and visual effects :wink:
Done deal, just firmed falmouth as my first choice for business :smile:
Reply 84
Does anyone know how to apply for travel grants etc? I imagine this would be dealt with by the University rather than Student Finance???
Firmed Falmouth for Illustration! :smile:
Does anyone know when applications for accommodation open?
Original post by coconutchanel
Does anyone know when applications for accommodation open?

I'm pretty sure it's April 10th
Anyone doing Fine Art? I accepted my offer for Falmouth the other day :smile:
Reply 89
I accepted my offer for Animation & Visual Effects at Falmouth!

Can't wait to see all the people I'll meet! :biggrin:
Hello! I had my interviews on Friday for fashion photography and photography at Falmouth. I'm a mature student 27 and I wanted to know how long it takes them to get back to you after interviews? There was only me and another lady at my interview lol? X
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LJCFOREVER
Hello! I had my interviews on Friday for fashion photography and photography at Falmouth, I want the fashion one as that's where I want my career to be and I wasn't impressed with the photography interview. I'm a mature student 27 and I wanted to know how long it takes them to get back to you after interviews? There was only me and another lady at my interview lol? X

My interview was online but I got the response a couple days after, even though the interviewer said that it can take a week or so to hear from them. Good luck x
Original post by Insoulless
My interview was online but I got the response a couple days after, even though the interviewer said that it can take a week or so to hear from them. Good luck x

Ohhh okay cool are you a international student? I hope it's not long I just like to know as I hate getting my hopes up! lol x
Original post by LJCFOREVER
Ohhh okay cool are you a international student? I hope it's not long I just like to know as I hate getting my hopes up! lol x

Yes, I'm from Lithuania :smile: Hopefully!
Original post by Insoulless
Yes, I'm from Lithuania :smile: Hopefully!

Ohh Cool stuff congrats! Thank you! Fingers crossed! X
I have my offer for Animation + Visual Effects at Falmouth and I'm seriously considering going there, but the cost of accommodation and lack of nightlife are sort of putting me off... anyone able to convince me that it's the best place to be? I've also got offers from NUA and BU.
Original post by Calor
I accepted my offer for Animation & Visual Effects at Falmouth!

Can't wait to see all the people I'll meet! :biggrin:

Congrats!! I've also got an offer for that course, can't decide if I want to accept it yet or not >< What made you firm Falmouth as your first choice??
Original post by camsil
i've got a conditional offer to study BA Music, Entertainment and Theatre Management.

I've just finished my first year on MTEM! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Hey :smile:
Anyone who has been accepted in the 2017 MA Creative Advertising intake? I'm thinking of taking it up and would love to know if anyone else is too!
Reply 99
Original post by ClockworkPaws
Congrats!! I've also got an offer for that course, can't decide if I want to accept it yet or not >< What made you firm Falmouth as your first choice??

When I looked around the campus, it just seemed really casual and peaceful (and huge!). There's a convenience store within the campus and plenty of cafes and other places to eat. Also the people there were really nice!

tbh I picked this place because of the environment - I could have a nice walk down the beach, while eating a fresh Cornish pastie! I've spent a lot of my life living in the city, so I thought it'd be nice to have a change of pace.

The animation course incorporates team work within the modules, so you have to work together to make a short film, but it's good since that's how things work in the professional world. Bournemouth allows you to work alone if you want.
I'm not the most social person, but I think it'd be good for my personal development if I work in groups, so Falmouth it was. :'o
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest