The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
"Others"? So that's all this is, you're trying to get the approval of others. That's why you keep saying random stuff out loud.

And you're in no position to claim being taken advatange of etc. when literally you started it with a bullying campaign over, what, a year? On a site you've been banned from. This is happening because of your behaviour. You can leave, or even apologise, at any time. Rather than hurl generic insults.

Nope, just one of many that disagree with your abuse.

I didn't start a bullying campaign, we just had a long argument. You were bullying me and others, even heavyhanddedscott said for you to "grow up" and to stop picking on people.

I'm not leaving or apologising, for as long as you keep randomly attacking people including me over nothing, I'll respond to you, simple as that.
Original post by Longshot111
Nope, just one of many that disagree with your abuse.

I didn't start a bullying campaign, we just had a long argument. You were bullying me and others, even heavyhanddedscott said for you to "grow up" and to stop picking on people.

I'm not leaving or apologising, for as long as you keep randomly attacking people including me over nothing, I'll respond to you, simple as that.

It is really really wrong that you remember all that, if it's even true (which I doubt).

The very first thing you said when you came back was about me, and insulting. You've been banned from this forum. Permanently banned. You're literally not welcome and been barred from ever using this site again in your life you so severely broke the rules. Your only major contribution to this website has been derailing this thread and hurling abuse. And somehow that's all my doing. Amazing.
Before someone comes in playing hero to tell us to stop arguing, he's been banned again so no need to egg him on any more.
Reply 6023
That was a... disjointed episode of RAW, to say the least. It's indicative of a lack of a direction for a lot of stars, despite the Superstar Shake-Up. The opening segment featuring Chris Jericho, the Miz and Dean Ambrose, turning the ring from The Highlight Reel, to MizTV, to Ambrose Asylum, was really fun. But the main event - pitting the Miz versus the babyfaces in a HANDICAP match - was odd. Heels shouldn't have the odds stacked against them, because it makes them seem gutsy and sympathetic. The arrival of Bray Wyatt was even more bizarre, and the lack of Kevin Owens heading into Payback, or even a Randy Orton appearance, was equally odd and disappointing. An underwhelming go-home show.

The rest of the night was better. Sheamus lost to Matt Hardy in singles action, before Cesaro and his partner teased a heel turn before eventually shaking hands with the champions. Elsewhere in ring action, Neville and TJ Perkins took on Austin Aries and Jack Gallagher, with the latter duo picking up the W through Aries. It was a high octane, fun bout, and the storyline with Perkins and his alignment with Neville is really promising. It has the potential to be a Matt Hardy/Shannon Moore-esque partnership, circa 2003. The only thing disappointing here, but perhaps unsurprising, was a lack of screen time.

We also saw Wyatt address Randy Orton in a backstage promo, adding further allure to his House of Horrors match this weekend. Whether it's a cheesy gimmick match full of imagery and ill-thought CGI on the ring remains to be seen, but I'm intrigued. Obviously, the fact the match is NOT for the WWE Championship perhaps hints at Wyatt picking up a win over Orton. But where does that leave the champion ahead of a sure-to-be underwhelming feud with Jinder Mahal? It hardly adds prestige to SmackDown.

Braun Strowman was booked like an absolute monster again, losing to Kalisto in a Dumpster Match before unleashing his fury. It could have been gimmicky and a bit of a mess, but Strowman was booked extremely well and it's really clever of WWE to keep giving him these huge spots and YouTube-worthy moments. YouTube is full of Strowman vids recently, and videos featuring him are WWE's most popular on the platform. Even better still, Kalisto looked gutsy and better than he has in months.

In terms of the women's division, Dana Brooke beat Alicia Fox before an alignment between the winner and Emma was teased. That's a really, really smart move by WWE. The pair of them could lend credibility to each other. Elsewhere, Alexa Bliss, Bayley and Sasha Banks clashed in the ring verbally, before the heel suffered a count-out loss to Banks, before beating down Bayley. WWE teased a heel turn for Banks via the commentary team, who discussed the prospect of her turning, which further foreshadows what will be a money feud somewhere down the line.

In other action, Curt Hawkins lost to Apollo Crews, who was congratulated by Titus O'Neil, suggesting either a feud or partnership between the duo. A tag-team between them could be really good, given the fact they're both decent competitors woefully under-utilised by WWE. The other match of the night saw Enzo injured before his bout with the Club and Samoa Joe, meaning Finn Balor joined Big Cass and Seth Rollins for a six-man tag team bout, which the babyfaces duly won. It's a shame Balor has nothing to do this weekend, but I'm hopeful he can insert himself into the Wyatt/Orton programme somehow. A feud between Balor and Wyatt has been teased, and it would be great to see, full of drama, good visuals and decent in-ring action. On the Payback pre-show, Balor will appear on MizTV.
Reply 6024
SmackDown far surpasses RAW once again this week, with the blue brand throwing up its ability to shock us once again by making Breezango No. 1 Contender's for the WWE SmackDown Tag-Team Championships. They overcame The Ascension (who have fallen tragically since NXT, in truth) after American Alpha beat The Colons in two Beat the Clock matches. It's a shame American Alpha have been booked poorly recently, because they were full of hope, promise and momentum post-Brand Extension and Draft last year. Still, I'm a massive fan of Breezango - their gimmick is underrated - and they're two good workers, meaning they could have some good matches with the Usos. It remains to be seen whether they adopt a new babyface persona, though, given the Usos are working heel.

Elsewhere, we saw a fantastic opening match with AJ Styles beating Baron Corbin by roll-up. That victory further fuels Styles' star, while giving Corbin some protection going forward, which the company are obviously keen to do as he is set to enter the main event picture through summer. According to Dave Meltzer, Corbin may even win the MITB briefcase. After the bout, Sami Zayn saved AJ - who is now a firm babyface - from a beat-down from Kevin Owens, who was on commentary. It was an excellent segment, which hints we can expect a Zayn vs Corbin bout at Backlash. I'm excited for Owens/Styles' long-running feud, too. It could throw up one, two - maybe even three - match of the year contenders.

Randy Orton defeated Erick Rowan in a No DQ match, which was obvious and easily predicted. What was more interesting is what came after, when Jinder Mahal and the Bollywood Boyz beat down the champion after Mahal told the crowd they didn't like him because he "looked different." Yep, seems we're heading for an Indian stable. Mahal stole the championship and left Orton lying to end the segment. In other news, Shinsuke Nakamura opened the show with an interview by Renee Young in the ring, before Dolph Ziggler interrupted. This feud isn't great, and I'd prefer Nakamura vs The Miz as an opening introduction for him on SmackDown, but things change. It was a decent enough segment, which saw Nakamura tease his in-ring style before the cowardly Ziggler fled.

In the main event, Carmella, Taminu Snuka and Natalya interrupted the Naomi vs Charlotte match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship. The trio of heels - now clearly some sort of second-generation stable - beat down both competitors, suggesting Charlotte is now a reluctant babyface. That potentially keeps Charlotte away from the title picture (she doesn't need the belt to be the best or stay relevant, obviously) and potentially throws up some new feuds.

On 205 Live, Neville beat Jack Gallagher in the main event - which was an excellent bout - before Austin Aries saved the babyface from a beatdown and closed the show dominating the champion, and with WWE's 50/50 booking, that suggests Neville may retain come Sunday. In the other matches, Rich Swann and Akira Tozawa teamed up to beat the Briand Kendrick and Noam Dar in a fun opener, which was essentially a rematch of the FastLane pre-show tag-team bout. And Drew Gulak cost Mustapha Ali a win by pulling Tony Nese out of the ring to avoid the inverted 450, which somehow caused Ali to be disqualified.
MTV is doing a reality show where 10 'champs' go against 10 'pros'. Spot the odd one out.

Tia Blanco is an ISA gold medalist and will probably compete in the 2020 Olympics.

Louise Hazel is a Commonwealth gold medalist and has competed in the olympics.

Lindsey Jacobellis is an X Games, World Championship, and Olympic medalist.

Lolo Jones is a World Championship and NACAC medalist and has competed in both Summer and Winter Olympics.

Candice Wiggins is a U18 and U19 FIBA champion, earned a large amount of collegiate awards, and competed in the WNBA.

Gus Kenworthy is an Olympic, X Games, and New Zealand Winter Games medalist.

Shawne Merriman is an NFL Rookie of the Year, 3 time All Pro, 3 time Pro Bowl, and had the most sacks in the league in 2006.

Louie Vito is an X games and US grand Prix medalist and has competed in the Olympics.

CM Punk has a 0-1 MMA record, getting mauled for 2 minutes after a takedown in 1 second.
Probably the closest Punk will get to an MMA ring. An official return seems to be far from the radar of the UFC despite his intentions to fight again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6027
Great episode of NXT, rounded off by a stellar main event which saw Tyler Bate square off against Jack Gallagher and retain the UK Championship.
What was the point of anything that happened on Raw this week? It did nothing whatsoever to make me want to watch the PPV on Sunday, and in addition to that it wasn't even an interesting episode as a standalone couple of hours of TV.

Mania season is well and truly over for another year.
Original post by IanDangerously
What was the point of anything that happened on Raw this week? It did nothing whatsoever to make me want to watch the PPV on Sunday, and in addition to that it wasn't even an interesting episode as a standalone couple of hours of TV.

Mania season is well and truly over for another year.

The only time I recall post-mania not being filler crap is 2000.
Reply 6030
Vince McMahon's life story to be made into a film. Who should play who?
Surely it's a WWE Films production and not a mainstream offering? Only Vince could decide to do a film of his own rise. Surely Vince would want to play himself in the role...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6032
Original post by Aky786UK
Surely it's a WWE Films production and not a mainstream offering? Only Vince could decide to do a film of his own rise. Surely Vince would want to play himself in the role...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mainstream apparently - although reports now suggest WWE want to have a MASSIVE say in it, perhaps unsurprisingly. Can't see it getting made judging on the leaked script: Shane is portrayed as a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:, bullying kids at school, and Vince meets Linda in a strip club (lol).
WWE have called a new PPV 'Great Balls of Fire' and Lesnar isn't defending the title until July.

None of this is a joke.

Combined with a jobber becoming #1 contender and a 50-year-old WCW guy coming back for a video game by squashing WWE's biggest star then winning the title in another squash, never mind all the other weird illogical little things, it's fair to say Vince has gone from senile to needing institutionalising.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6034
Payback predictions:

Enzo and Big Cass def. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.
Sheamus and Cesaro def. The Hardy Boyz, with the former duo turning heel and the latter duo turning into the Broken Hardys.
Kevin Owens def. Chris Jericho for the US Championship.
Neville def. Austin Aries for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
Bayley def. Alexa Bliss for the WWE RAW Women's Championship.
Samoa Joe def. Seth Rollins.
Braun Strowman def. Roman Reigns.
Bray Wyatt def. Randy Orton.
Haha, that PPV name has to have come from Vince's brain. You can imagine him uttering it with great gusto in the meeting in front of all the other writers etc.. but that means Brock isn't around until July? If that continues till Mania when he's supposed to be facing Reigns then by the time it does happen, the title will be insignificant..
Original post by Aky786UK
Haha, that PPV name has to have come from Vince's brain. You can imagine him uttering it with great gusto in the meeting in front of all the other writers etc.. but that means Brock isn't around until July? If that continues till Mania when he's supposed to be facing Reigns then by the time it does happen, the title will be insignificant..

A title sort-of-but-not named after the WWE Universe whose inaugural champ vacated in 24 hours, then it was won by a 50-year-old who was just coming back for one real match, won by another part-timer allowed to take all the drugs he wants and not even defended for 3 months on a PPV about balls.

I'd say it's already meaningless.
Reply 6037
The Wrestling Observer reported this week that part of the House of Horrors match will be pre-taped and part of it will be live.

God. It's going to cringey as :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:.
Original post by Mackay
Payback predictions:

Enzo and Big Cass def. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.
Sheamus and Cesaro def. The Hardy Boyz, with the former duo turning heel and the latter duo turning into the Broken Hardys.
Kevin Owens def. Chris Jericho for the US Championship.
Neville def. Austin Aries for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
Bayley def. Alexa Bliss for the WWE RAW Women's Championship.
Samoa Joe def. Seth Rollins.
Braun Strowman def. Roman Reigns.
Bray Wyatt def. Randy Orton.

Hope Joe goes over, always liked him best as a bit of a monster heel tbh. His "undefeated Samoan submission machine" gimmick in TNA is still my favourite run of his.
Reply 6039
Original post by WoodyMKC
Hope Joe goes over, always liked him best as a bit of a monster heel tbh. His "undefeated Samoan submission machine" gimmick in TNA is still my favourite run of his.

Not sure what a win really does for Rollins. Similar with Orton, especially without the title being defended.

Quick Reply

Latest