The Student Room Group

Igcse biology edexcel may 2017

How was it
Reply 1
Rather annoying tbh.
I've been ill from school for over a year so ive affectively missed 2 thirds of the course and my illness meant i only had 2 days to revise AND learn over half the specification. So I relied on CGP revision books and quickly went through a couple past papers. Unfortunately, large chunks of the exam knowlege needed was missing from the revision books so looks like i've failed lol. (i know i didnt just forget the facts, i checked and theyre not there :frown:( )
hope it went well for the rest of you though!
It was okish. I wouldn't say it was hard but definately not easy. It was kind of weird tbh. Why do some people say a lung is like a tree? That was kind of stupid ngl.
It was okish. I wouldn't say it was hard but definately not easy. It was kind of weird tbh. Why do some people say a lung is like a tree? That was kind of pointless ngl.
Reply 4
i need an A and the exam was ****ing ****
Reply 5
Ok. What did people put for why cardboard was placed around the glass jar?
Reply 6
What did people get for the bile question and the question 3 probably of the child having the ideas
Reply 7
What do you think the grade boundaries would be ?
Original post by gaerr

I don't know about anyone else put I out so no pathogens could get in that could harm the plant?
The exam was a bit strange especially the tree part at the start and the family tree question. Everyone seemed very upset when they left the exam hall I don't think it went too well for anyone.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
I put to stop sunlight due roots being negatively phototropic therefore growing in size and length
Original post by May-kat
What do you think the grade boundaries would be ?

:redface:
Hopefully very low
Original post by gaerr

I said less light so less photosynthesis and less algae growth?? idk but I remember seeing that in a past paper before
Reply 12
Original post by May-kat
I put to stop sunlight due roots being negatively phototropic therefore growing in size and length

I'm guessing I'm wrong then by saying that it was to prevent the solution and roots by overheating as the cardboard acted as an insulator. I just didn't understand how that affects stem growth.
Reply 13
Original post by May-kat
What did people get for the bile question and the question 3 probably of the child having the ideas

lipids are act as like starch and so can't travel through the partible membrane. however, the bile emuslfies that lipids into small fatty acids which can pass through
Original post by Ilovebmth
It was okish. I wouldn't say it was hard but definately not easy. It was kind of weird tbh. Why do some people say a lung is like a tree? That was kind of pointless ngl.

Of those, Lungs (bronchi & bronchioles) and trees being very similar, is a very, very deep insight into universal patterns.
Essentially, we create hierarchies to understand relationships, and those taxonomies are branching, widely. Dictionaries, city and telephone diredtories; codifications of laws, the hertzsprung/Russell diagrams of stars, the periodic chart, etc. All Hierarchies. Even family trees of the complex interrelationships among people.
The branchings of the arteries into arterioles and then the capillaries mimicked by the venules to the veins and then the IVC. The roots of trees, and the branchings into the twigs then the leaves, are all hierarchical.
Same with the springs, creeks, streams, river and then larger rivers. Same with the veins and venules of leaves, as well.
Essentially, those structures in all their forms are all linked by Least energy. Those structures are least energy ways of collecting fluids in the cases of the veins, arteries and venules; and least energy distributions to secure air into the alveoli, via the trachea (trunk), the two bronchi, and then the bronchioles.
Streams and rivers, are all least gravitational energy flow patterns.
All of these forms are least energy forms. As our organized hierarchies of living systems, and the taxonomies of the extinct and living languages are also. Efficiently doing their work.
It's the 2nd law of thermodynamics at work, most likely. Events are most all interconnected by a universal processor, least energy. And hierarchies in all their ubiquity and universal multiplicities of forms, are one way of showing that.
Reply 15
Original post by safa_k
I said less light so less photosynthesis and less algae growth?? idk but I remember seeing that in a past paper before

same lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending