The Student Room Group

Primark job interview

Hello good people, I have an interview at Primark tomorrow. Can please someone help me with what to expect and what to dress ( I am a boy by the way), I applied today and have no time to prepare for this. Please help xx
Original post by LM92BM
Hello good people, I have an interview at Primark tomorrow. Can please someone help me with what to expect and what to dress ( I am a boy by the way), I applied today and have no time to prepare for this. Please help xx

Hey there, best of luck :smile: black trousers and a white/smart shirt and tie should be fine. I'm not entirely sure but you'll probably be asked about your employment history and availability. Also qs like "how can you contribute to a team? Who are Primarks competitors? Have you got any communication skills? Name a time when you had to work in a team under pressure?/when you gave good customer service?/ How do you deal with a rude customer?
Just remember to be confident and talk clearly, smile and try and relax. You'll be fine!
Reply 2
Thank you, am afraid to say this but I don't have a tie or formal trousers. Can I wear a normal jean not a skinny one of course?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LM92BM
Thank you, am afraid to say this but I don't have a tie or formal trousers. Can I wear a normal jean not a skinny one of course?

Oh god, so sorry for replying back so late...I hope it went well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by seasidestudy
Oh god, so sorry for replying back so late...I hope it went well :smile:

I don't really really know how it went, the manager just asked me only two questions and said come back with you full documents then I will figure something else for you. Am really confused, what does this mean?
Original post by LM92BM
I don't really really know how it went, the manager just asked me only two questions and said come back with you full documents then I will figure something else for you. Am really confused, what does this mean?

What documents did they require and which ones did you bring? I'm not entirely sure, he might mean you've possibly got the job but you'll be doing something other than being a sales assistant in Primark, so for example you could be unpacking the stock that comes in. Which qs did he ask out of interest?
Reply 6
What documents did they require and which ones did you bring? I'm not entirely sure, he might mean you've possibly got the job but you'll be doing something other than being a sales assistant in Primark, so for example you could be unpacking the stock that comes in. Which qs did he ask out of interest?

He said why do you want to work here , what can you bring to primark and asked me which subjects am doing at college which are maths, economics and business studies and said you are a focused man.
I went with a national insurance number and a photocopy of my passport but he said I need to see your visa (am from outside the EU anyway) and I didn't have it by that time as I applied for a driving licence. But I received my documents today and will go and see him on Saturday.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LM92BM
He said why do you want to work here , what can you bring to primark and asked me which subjects am doing at college which are maths, economics and business studies and said you are a focused man.
I went with a national insurance number and a photocopy of my passport but he said I need to see your visa (am from outside the EU anyway) and I didn't have it by that time as I applied for a driving licence. But I received my documents today and will go and see him on Saturday.

Good choice of subjects :smile: I think that's a good idea though and you can ask him what he thinks you'll be doing if you get the job, just so you can clear things up with him as you're unsure. I hope you get it though 👍
Reply 8
Good choice of subjects :smile: I think that's a good idea though and you can ask him what he thinks you'll be doing if you get the job, just so you can clear things up with him as you're unsure. I hope you get it though 👍

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it xxx
What store did you have this interview at if you don't mind me asking
Original post by LM92BM
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it xxx

No problem :smile: anytime just ask xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending