The Student Room Group

Part-time jobs

People around me having been getting all sorts of part-time jobs and earning money since Year 11 in my town.

I am now 20 and still never applied to one because of a health issue. Now that i am better health, I want a job. I have no clue where to look, who to ask or what to bring (a CV and ID - i'm guessing).
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
People around me having been getting all sorts of part-time jobs and earning money since Year 11 in my town.

I am now 20 and still never applied to one because of a health issue. Now that i am better health, I want a job. I have no clue where to look, who to ask or what to bring (a CV and ID - i'm guessing).

Generally (not sure what country you're in), a CV would get submitted online when making an application through the company website. Other websites like Indeed.com can help you find jobs by giving you relevant jobs for your qualifications. If you are struggling to find a job, there should be a job centre somewhere near yourself which you could go to and they will help you with basically everything. They can help with CV writing, interview tips, any questions you have. It's a good place to go if you're struggling to get a job.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey !
You can very easily apply to jobs at your uni, there are loads of restaurants and cafes that are always looking for part time students. Most of the times you just walk in and speak to the manager about application process.
Alternatively websites like indeed, glassdoor, linkedin are a great place for applying for jobs at nearest primark and maccies and such for example. You can either upload your cv directly on the website, or follow the link for applying on the company website and submit cover letter there.

hope this gives you some idea :smile:
Best of Luck!
Vyomika(LU Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending