The Student Room Group

Looking for a job in (East) London

Hi, ive just finished my GCSE exams and want to begin a job asap. I applied to different places like Primark where you dont need any experience or qualifications but of course a job there would be competative. Im struggling to find jobs near me and especially jobs that require no experience or qualifications for a 16 year old. For example I looked on indeed and even a website called student job and its only been a few days yet I am getting no response. Plus I am 16 and have no cv even if i created one i have no idea what to put on there because again im 16 so of course i dont have any qualifcations, so the cv would be blank. So my question is,does anyone know how i can find a good job quickly, near me like a barista or a retail assistat?
Reply 1
Original post by scooby_doo
Hi, ive just finished my GCSE exams and want to begin a job asap. I applied to different places like Primark where you dont need any experience or qualifications but of course a job there would be competative. Im struggling to find jobs near me and especially jobs that require no experience or qualifications for a 16 year old. For example I looked on indeed and even a website called student job and its only been a few days yet I am getting no response. Plus I am 16 and have no cv even if i created one i have no idea what to put on there because again im 16 so of course i dont have any qualifcations, so the cv would be blank. So my question is,does anyone know how i can find a good job quickly, near me like a barista or a retail assistat?

This isnt really like a 'barista' or 'retail assistant' but have you ever thought of Mcdonalds. you can search mcdonalds careers and search in your local area. they don't require any experience whatsoever and the application and interview process is really simple. ive been working there for ghe past eight months and its not as bad as people say or what people thinks its like

hope this helps :smile:

Heya! I applied on GiGL - it's an app with loads of jobs for people aged 16+ and you don't need a CV as you apply with a video or audio recording. I've just checked and there's quite a lot of retail and cafe jobs - hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by jesssicarrr
This isnt really like a 'barista' or 'retail assistant' but have you ever thought of Mcdonalds. you can search mcdonalds careers and search in your local area. they don't require any experience whatsoever and the application and interview process is really simple. ive been working there for ghe past eight months and its not as bad as people say or what people thinks its like

hope this helps :smile:

Hey, thank you for the reply, Im going to look into this now and I did think about it but because of the stigma behind becoming a McDonalds worker I was very hesitant. But I will now go and check it. Thank you!! Btw which branch do you work at or area of London im assuming?
Reply 4
Original post by Emily Newman
Heya! I applied on GiGL - it's an app with loads of jobs for people aged 16+ and you don't need a CV as you apply with a video or audio recording. I've just checked and there's quite a lot of retail and cafe jobs - hope this helps!

THANK YOU!!! ive never heard of this app or anythign like it but im going to check this out right now, this was a huge help, thank you again!!!
Reply 5
Hey, thank you for the reply, Im going to look into this now and I did think about it but because of the stigma behind becoming a McDonalds worker I was very hesitant. But I will now go and check it. Thank you!! Btw which branch do you work at or area of London im assuming?

i live in east midlands so im not sure what the branches are like in london. but one thing mcdonalds is good at is like how they value you as an employee. they are really flexible with hours and you get to pick your availability (like i dont work sundays) and they are good for scheduling and pay. honestly, im kinda glad i got the job cus i was really hesitant as well like now i am alot more confident and self assure so id say go for it :smile:
did you find something on the app? I was feeling a bit bored this morning so I had a sneaky look and I found Vapiano, Tomb Raider Experience, Roll baby (this looks fancy) and Puttshack jobs in the 16+ bit
THANK YOU!!! ive never heard of this app or anythign like it but im going to check this out right now, this was a huge help, thank you again!!!
Reply 7
Hey sorry for the late reply, I found many good things on the app and applied to like 15 stores or so and got no reply. What about you, did u find anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending