The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester interview dress code

Hi I've just received an invite for a physics interview at the uni of Manchester and I'm not sure what to wear, I was thinking shirt and black jeans?
I had a chemical engineering interview today - you could wear a t shirt if you wanted, it was quite informal. Shirt and black jeans wouldn't be overdressed either though. Basically it doesn't matter as long as it isn't ridiculous.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hey manI have a chem eng interview at manchester on the 25th october also, what sort of questions did they ask you?
Reply 3
Original post by jacob_smith25
I had a chemical engineering interview today - you could wear a t shirt if you wanted, it was quite informal. Shirt and black jeans wouldn't be overdressed either though. Basically it doesn't matter as long as it isn't ridiculous.

Hey man I have a chem eng interview on the 25th October at manchester, what sort of questions did they ask you ?
Original post by kunal123
Hey manI have a chem eng interview at manchester on the 25th october also, what sort of questions did they ask you?

It was mostly "why chem eng?", "why Manchester?", plus some stuff about different skills that chemical engineers would need. Also one academic question about flow rates but it wasn't too bad.

Good luck!!
Reply 5
It was mostly "why chem eng?", "why Manchester?", plus some stuff about different skills that chemical engineers would need. Also one academic question about flow rates but it wasn't too bad.

Good luck!!

Thanks and thats awesome, have they given you an offer yet or are you still waiting?
Thanks and thats awesome, have they given you an offer yet or are you still waiting?

Got it the day after, AAA. They said that after interview they'd get back to you within a week maximum, so you don't have long to wait!
Reply 7
Got it the day after, AAA. They said that after interview they'd get back to you within a week maximum, so you don't have long to wait!

Oooo thats good, where else have you applied for chem eng??
Oooo thats good, where else have you applied for chem eng??

Cambridge, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Leeds... you?
Reply 9
Cambridge, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Leeds... you?

Birmingham, Nottingham, Surrey, Aston

Hey, I have a chemical engineering interview also but on the 8th November. Which building did you have to go to at the start of the day?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending