Uni dress code

Can I wear crop tops to uni?
Original post by milliebleau

Yes.

Hi @milliebleau

Yes you can wear crop tops at University. You are often given quite a lot of freedom as you will be treated as an adult. :biggrin: There normally will not be a dress code for University.

Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Hey @milliebleau,

You have the freedom at uni to wear what you want and what you feel comfortable in.
The only times that spring to mind where there is restrictions is possibly in some labs (where you need hair tied up / lab coat etc) and for graduation. Normally any restrictions on dress code will be notified and communicated to you by your University
Having no set dress code at Uni can often be a bit strange if your use to school/work uniform. Everyone will dress differently depending on their style, the weather etc.
Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Yeah you can where whatever you want to uni for the most part the only restriction I knew of was sports courses at Solent had to wear the team Solent uniform (which my house mate hated) and in work shops (I’d did engineering) we had to wear closed toe shoes.
Reply 5
Programmes where you interact with the public (for example. Medicine, Dentistry, etc) will also have dress codes. Again, the university will inform you of what those are and when they apply.

yes

Hey there @milliebleau !

Most of the time universities really don't care what you wear. Obviously there's some things you definitely shouldn't wear to university but they're not really too fussed about crop tops.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending