The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people NOT homophobic??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Allemagne
#Saudi Arabia is now the most sane country on earth, and I'm saying that as a Christian

that is hands down the stupidest thing I've ever read. But hey! you're entitled to whatever.
Original post by mojojojo101

All those shows have had religious characters who have had stories based around their faith.

In what year? ........................1962?
Original post by Bosnia
I completely agree with this. In my country, gay people are excluded from the community

And what good does that achieve? Frankly it just makes your country sound awful.
Original post by thetoebeans
hunny it gets a bit boring when you repeat yourself for the 3rd time and fail completely to read anything like you're mentally deficient or something xox

don't bother to respond to me until you answer the question i asked in my post:
"why bring up such a relationship in response to physio's statement if not to compare it? explain your reasoning for essentially derailing the thread to go on a pointless argument on the inherent issues with incest?"

Well you must be the one mentally deficient if you cannot point out what you claimed.

You still have a chance to show you are mentally sound. Answer the question.
Original post by Bosnia
I completely agree with this. In my country, gay people are excluded from the community

They should not be excluded.
Original post by Chumpy4You
It's been scientifically proven that being gay is passed down through genetics, so I don't think it's fair to try and tell someone the way they were born is wrong and shouldn't be supported. Plus it's super beneficial to society... so I would say being homophobic is far worse than be homosexual.

No, it has not. Stop fibbing.
Original post by amibee
up not down? Eh, I can't have children, am I the kind of anti-biological nature you dislike too or am I okay because I like the penis?

We can sought that out.
Original post by Alastair H
Then why do 1500 known species partake in homosexuality, I can only name one that partakes in homophobia. Who is against nature now?

What do you mean by "partake in homosexuality"?
OP is an SNP supporter.
Original post by RoyalBeams
We can sought that out.

Its sort and why? So she can contribute to the extra 3-4 billion babies that will exist by 2100? We dont need more humans.In fact thats the very last thing the planet needs.Not everything has to be geared towards reproduction you know.We don't just eat food to survive but also because we want to.Otherwise we would only eat like once every few days.We don't just drink for survival either otherwise why invent the whole alcohol thing? In the same way sex is also for pleasure not just for babies.
In what year? ........................1962?

There's at least one current character in Eastenders that's Religious, I'm not sure about the other shows though as I don't watch them.
Original post by shadowdweller
There's at least one current character in Eastenders that's Religious, I'm not sure about the other shows though as I don't watch them.

Who is the character?

Is the character just religious or stories are written to integrate the religion into the plot?

Do the plots reflect the challenges the character face because of their religion and storyline delivered in such a way the audience have some empathy?

Is the character's persona overly positive and likeable?

If I was to transpose those questions to address LGBT characters on TV shows and films, the answers to all the last 3 questions would be an emphatic "Yes, Yes, Yes!".
Original post by Robby2312
Its sort and why? So she can contribute to the extra 3-4 billion babies that will exist by 2100? We dont need more humans.In fact thats the very last thing the planet needs.Not everything has to be geared towards reproduction you know.We don't just eat food to survive but also because we want to.Otherwise we would only eat like once every few days.We don't just drink for survival either otherwise why invent the whole alcohol thing? In the same way sex is also for pleasure not just for babies.

Thanks for the beautiful "insights". :rolleyes:
*the sound of 10000 ants*

um sorry i clearly specified that you could only respond if u answered my post :/ clearly someone can't read :/
We can sought that out.
Well, that sounds terribly rapey...but anyway, nah you definitely can't 'sought' that out. Thank you tho
It's actually hilarious how long this thread is. I commented here a few days ago and then came back expecting it to be no longer than 9/10 pages lol
18 pages...really people?
Reply 336
Original post by hvydna
It's actually hilarious how long this thread is. I commented here a few days ago and then came back expecting it to be no longer than 9/10 pages lol
18 pages...really people?

I was commenting but got fed up when my points and questions were being dismissed. This is getting interesting though.
Original post by Bio 7
I was commenting but got fed up when my points and questions were being dismissed. This is getting interesting though.

In a debate, very seldom does the other side say "ok, you've made a good point, you was right, I was wrong"

in fact, not often does the other side even change their view

what will happen if you've got a particularly good/strong point is that people will try to avoid answering it altogether........

I don't know what point you was making, but most likely whoever it was aimed at couldn't answer to their advantage so ignored it.........

A debate doesn't end when you convince the other person and they change their mind [as that rarely happens]
A debate ends either when participants get bored because they've been arguing for so long and stop, ...or you've thrown so many valid logical points/questions at the other person of which they have no comeback that they realise they are being outclassed so stop arguing to avoid being absolutely publically butchered........

royalbeams isn't going to change his mind here, and neither are most of the others...., the debate will end in one of the ways above...........
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 338
Original post by ANM775
In a debate, very seldom does the other side say "ok, you've made a good point, you was right, I was wrong"

in fact, not often does the other side even change their view

what will happen if you've got a particularly good/strong point is that people will try to avoid answering it altogether........

I don't know what point you was making, but most likely whoever it was aimed at couldn't answer to their advantage so ignored it.........

A debate doesn't end when you convince the other person and they change their mind [as that rarely happens]
A debate ends either when participants get bored because they've been arguing for so long and stop, ...or you've thrown so many valid logical points/questions at the other person of which they have no comeback that they realise they are being outclassed so stop arguing to avoid being absolutely publically butchered........

royalbeans isn't going to change his mind here, and neither are most of the others...., the debate will end in one of the ways above...........

Yeah he posed a question to me but I've not responded due to him not bothering to respond to mine. People arguing on their side never seem to answer the question, "What is wrong with LGBTQ+ people?"
On this side though we are constantly able to say that the sexuality of somebody and their relationships affect nobody, so it doesn't matter and we should allow everyone to live peacefully and openly.
I personally think all these "trans" people are deluded and need real help.
I've been likened to Hitler for having such a view

Latest

Trending

Trending