The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littleone123
To say harassment is on the decline just shows you are young, naive and/or unempathetic.

But harassment is on the decline, and people are becoming more aware and opposed against harassment to women than ever... (some campaigns like #MeToo)
(edited 6 years ago)
Plus all your comments come across as 'women bashing'.

It is not women bashing, just stating points.

Original post by loveleest
Why would you say that? is it not all subjective anyway

no not imo lol

I agree that it is subjective. I also do not generalise.

well tbh i always think if a guy is interested enough he would ask you out

Fair, but some men are shy and hope you make the first move esp if he thinks you are above his league.
Original post by k.n.h.
But harassment is on the decline, and people are becoming more aware and opposed against harassment against than ever (some campaigns like #MeToo...

Well if it's on the decline as people keep alleging (without presenting any hard stats) thank god for that, but I'm afraid it will always be an issue and it continues to be a very real issue for many people every day. To try to brashly ignore that is repulsive.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh my goodness, ok, even if sexual harassment was still in decline as you allege, does it even matter? If it happens at all, it matters.

There are very few current cases? There will be thousands of cases worldwide going on handled by employment lawyers at any one moment, that you won't have heard of because this is happening to ordinary people every day. There will also be thousands of unreported incidents happening every day.

Again, to be honest, you're just consistently demonstrating your ignorance on these matters.

There is no such thing as absolute. There will still be assaults regardless of the progress that we have made on the topic.

The whole point of the campaigns is that women should be empowered to come out and talk about their experiences. If they don't come out, then how can society help them?
Is sexual harassment on the decline or are people just not reporting it? Just because we're not hearing about it, doesn't mean it's not happening.
Original post by Wired_1800
There is no such thing as absolute. There will still be assaults regardless of the progress that we have made on the topic.

The whole point of the campaigns is that women should be empowered to come out and talk about their experiences. If they don't come out, then how can society help them?

Again, you're demonstrating your absolute naivety.

There are hundreds of reasons why a woman might not want to speak out and the fact that you apparently can't grasp any of these is why I'm afraid I'm not even going to continue this discussion because it makes me too angry.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tiger Rag
Is sexual harassment on the decline or are people just not reporting it? Just because we're not hearing about it, doesn't mean it's not happening.

True - also we shouldn't assume it's on the decline as this has just been alleged and I have been told to 'look up the stats'.

I can't find any suggesting this.

Fair, but some men are shy and hope you make the first move esp if he thinks you are above his league.

But why? Surely if he is a "man" he should be confident enough to ask
Well if it's on the decline as people keep alleging (without presenting any hard stats) thank god for that, but I'm afraid it will always be an issue and it continues to be a very real issue for many people every day. To try to brashly ignore that is repulsive.

No one dismissed the fact harassment happens to women, Wired_1800 said not all women experience harassment in the workplace..

There are hundreds of reasons why a woman might not want to speak out and the fact that you apparently can't grasp any of these is why I'm afraid I'm not even going to continue this discussion because it makes me too angry.

Alright, fine. Go get your supper.
I never let my ex pay for my things or anything like that if anything it was me doing all the work and him letting me get on with it- I think that the whole proposal thing is just because it’s a tradition and I never expected to be given a jacket or coat when I was cold however for me I found that with men it’s the guys that chase us and the chase is the fun bit and it makes us feel like we’re worth something but as soon as they have us they get bored, the only reason some girls are like this is because they get treated like they’re the most important thing and then thrown aside, I found that I just wanted him to give me a bit of attention to see if he still loved me. Perhaps you’re not treating the Sam e all the time, were not just your sex dolls I mean it’s mostly the guy in the sex and as soon as they’re done they can’t be asked to help the girl ygm I
But why? Surely if he is a "man" he should be confident enough to ask

That’s the problem.
It is not women bashing, just stating points.

I agree that it is subjective. I also do not generalise.

one time two of us were in love and since the guy did not want to make the first step so i made it, and he told me that it is not reciprocal meanwhile every body knew it was seriously reciprocal so there is no question of above the league!!!:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:
That’s the problem.

what?
I am open to my views being debated but i am not here to convince you to accept my views. Two different things.

I think a fertilised conceived egg is a person. There is a debate on that point, even among doctors and seasoned medical thinkers. Some accept the 24-week threshold for abortion, others reject that. To me, i believe that life begins at conception.

Are you against the Morning After Pill?
That’s the problem.

so are you not man?? why are you trying to dominate on us if we are the one to learn you have to be confident?:boxing::curious:
The MeToo campaign makes generalisation about sexual harrassments.

Ummmm. No it doesn't. In a nutshell, it is saying that sexual harassment is no longer acceptable. In my view, it has never been acceptable, but as we have seen in the film industry and more recently in some charities, those in positions of power often use that power in ways that are unacceptable. Up until now, those on the receiving end have felt powerless to do anything about it. That is changing. Thanks to #MeToo.

What might deter a woman from reporting sexual harassment?
Original post by kenza lindsay
one time two of us were in love and since the guy did not want to make the first step so i made it, and he told me that it is not reciprocal meanwhile every body knew it was seriously reciprocal so there is no question of above the league!!!:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Fair enough
what?

What you wrote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending