The Student Room Group

AS Physics Olympiad 2018 Answers?

I just did it on Friday and feel kinda down since I couldn't answer very much. Can someone explain some of the easier answers to me, like the first multiple choice ones?

Scroll to see replies

Do you remember any of the questions? I managed to do all the multiple choice questions and some of the later ones but I've forgotten all the questions.
Bump
Original post by JammieDodger27
Bump

do you remember any questions
Reply 4
Does anyone. Remember any answers?
multiple choice answers are A A D B C
Reply 6
Guys does anyone have an idea of the grade boundaries
Reply 7
I think it will roughly be around 36 marks for gold, if you follow trends from recent years, maybe around 25 for silver and then 15 for bronze. But I am just estimating
I found this paper more difficult than any other previous paper but this is just my opinion. Hopefully the grade boundaries are low for a bronze at least because I dont expect I will be getting higher
Reply 9
If you have a beaker filled with water on top of a weighing scale, and you put your finger in the water, what happens to the value on the weighing scale?
Just to give you all a heads up, according to the rules of the AS Physics Challenge we aren't supposed to release answers or discuss the paper until after the 9th of March 2018 (This includes online forums). This is because for people who have yet to sit the exam may be given an unfair advantage over those who have already taken the test at an earlier date.

Just letting you all know, have a good day.
Original post by Abyssal
If you have a beaker filled with water on top of a weighing scale, and you put your finger in the water, what happens to the value on the weighing scale?

I know the answer, I can't say till Friday tho
Original post by Abyssal

I haven't done the paper yet, however, the value would rise. If the fluid pushes up on the object (buoyant force), then there is a 3rd Law reaction force on the fluid that is supported by the beaker and in turn by the balance. Hence this reaction force pushes downwards and therefore the value increases.
wtf, I got A C B D C, ru sure that's right??? @samb38934
(edited 6 years ago)
Can anyone tell me what they got for multiple choice I think I got 2/5 :frown:
Original post by JR127
What topics are on it?

No
Can you tell us the answers yet as have taken the exam and really want to know and it is the 9th of March
Original post by themann27
I know the answer, I can't say till Friday tho

Can you tell me the answers as now Friday thanks really want to know how I did
I got 25/50, hoping it's a silver, fingers crossed
Do you know the answers as want to see if I was roughly right with what I put down

Quick Reply

Latest