The Student Room Group

Biology Olympiads

Hi,

Is anyone planning to participate/has participated in the Biology Olympiads? I am planning to, however I'm not too sure how difficult it is. If anyone who has done it has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by unknown_1219
Hi,

Is anyone planning to participate/has participated in the Biology Olympiads? I am planning to, however I'm not too sure how difficult it is. If anyone who has done it has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated

Hi, I did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad in 2022 and the normal British Biology Olympiad this year! I would say they are definitely tricky, but nowhere near impossible. Looking through some of the old Olympiads can help to familiarise you with various question styles they can do, and while they don't provide answers, if you feel like it, trying a few of the questions and comparing answers with friends can be quite helpful too! The questions can be from any A-Level or GCSE spec, so a refresh of some GCSE knowledge and look over what is on other A-Level specs that isn't on yours wouldn't hurt either, but realistically, you don't have to do any preparation if you feel super confident in your knowledge - I was 0.5% under a Gold this year with a bit of preparation and one of my friends who didn't do any preparation got just under a Silver, so you can still get a very good mark without doing anything! Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending