The Student Room Group

C3L6 2023 mark scheme

Anyone got the mark scheme ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How was the paper?
Reply 2
Nope, releases at the end of the week. Howd you guys think it was?
Reply 3
(Original post by Imran M)Nope, releases at the end of the week. Howd you guys think it was?

What questions and topics came up?
Original post by 4tgw4g
(Original post by Imran M)Nope, releases at the end of the week. Howd you guys think it was?

What questions and topics came up?

Lol i hope no one is giving you that
Original post by ManUtd_21
How was the paper?

I just sat it. It wasn’t so bad generally.
That 6 marker was damn insane. I wont be surprised if you don’t need it to get roentgenium.
I’m kinda nervous for the results. Im dreading and looking forward to it at the same time.
Reply 6
Yeah, that 6 marker was so confusing! I think that overall it was alright, definitely better than some of the past papers I'd done
Reply 7
Original post by Sulaiman11111
Lol i hope no one is giving you that

neek
Reply 8
Original post by Sulaiman11111
I just sat it. It wasn’t so bad generally.
That 6 marker was damn insane. I wont be surprised if you don’t need it to get roentgenium.
I’m kinda nervous for the results. Im dreading and looking forward to it at the same time.

I WAS SO CLOSE TO DOING ITTT, I WROTE DOWN MY EQUATION FOR ATOMISATION WAS WRONG. Soo close, but at least my tried-and-true method still shines for enthalpy changes. How did the rest of the paper go guys? I'm hoping that I haven't made too many mistakes, but I think was a pretty good paper - sort of like 2022.
Reply 9
Original post by Imran M
I WAS SO CLOSE TO DOING ITTT, I WROTE DOWN MY EQUATION FOR ATOMISATION WAS WRONG. Soo close, but at least my tried-and-true method still shines for enthalpy changes. How did the rest of the paper go guys? I'm hoping that I haven't made too many mistakes, but I think was a pretty good paper - sort of like 2022.

I didn’t do this one. For the other enthalpy change i got in the range of -11000. But I forgot what I actually wrote. I also remember wrong bi6cl7 or something like that.
Reply 10
Original post by DavidAma123
I didn’t do this one. For the other enthalpy change i got in the range of -11000. But I forgot what I actually wrote. I also remember wrong bi6cl7 or something like that.

Isnt it that for the empirical formula? I got that, and 4*Mr was spot on the Me they gave
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Imran M
Isnt it that for the empirical formula? I got that, and 4*Mr was spot on the Me they gave

I got 4Mr as well. 😊
Original post by Imran M

What did you get for the first enthalpy calculation ? Or for the mechanisms for curly arrows?
What did you get for the first enthalpy calculation ? Or for the mechanisms for curly arrows?

I think i got +156
I got in the range of -11000 and 12000. I forgot what I did exactly 😭.
Reply 15

no clue, i remember a few 1s in my answer, and it was negative. the number for some reason, im thinking around -1150, but idk. we may have to go a bit back and forth on mechanisms: I know i got the carboxylate correct (its on the internet) but idr them. for nuc. addition i drew arrow to carbonyl, causing double bond to kick up onto O with a neg charge.
Original post by Imran M
no clue, i remember a few 1s in my answer, and it was negative. the number for some reason, im thinking around -1150, but idk. we may have to go a bit back and forth on mechanisms: I know i got the carboxylate correct (its on the internet) but idr them. for nuc. addition i drew arrow to carbonyl, causing double bond to kick up onto O with a neg charge.

Do you remember any of your answers ?
Reply 17
Do you remember any of your answers ?

sort of. i remember the feelings surrounding them, some answers exactly, some need to be prompted. those mcqs were wild bro, easy 3 marks lost
Reply 18
Does anyone know what the rg boundary might be for this year?
Reply 19
Original post by DKRK
Does anyone know what the rg boundary might be for this year?

how you feeling for it? i feel that... same as 21, perhaps slightly lower. The paper wasn't of discernable difficulty except the 6 marker, but even then it was standard. so i guess the same as usual: greater than 75%, lets make that 54/56 out of 70 imo, close to last year, since first q was pretty easy.

Quick Reply

Latest