The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
Gold digging is when money is only important. Why would you think I would date a bum? Like...are you mad? LOL. Money is important for marriage, and any guy offended by that is 9/10 times broke. Is a guy shallow because he wants to marry an attractive women?

Yes, if the main reason why a man wants to marry a woman is because she is attractive then he is a shallow idiot.

Imagine you meet a nice lad, you fall in love with him and everything is well. He is financially stable and everything is fine. You have 6 children and live in a big mansion in the country with all your children at Eton or Rugby or Shrewsbury school. You have maids, butlers and chauffeurs. Life is comfortable and fantastic.

Then your hubby tells you one morning that the main reason why he married you was because you were fit and attractive. That he did not care about your intelligence, personality, sense of humour, kindess, character or any other thing that showed how wonderful you were in and out.

Would you then say, “alright fam, that is calm. It is okay that you married me because i was attractive.”?

To your first point, some women view money as the main and sometimes only point.
Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, if the main reason why a man wants to marry a woman is because she is attractive then he is a shallow idiot.

Imagine you meet a nice lad, you fall in love with him and everything is well. He is financially stable and everything is fine. You have 6 children and live in a big mansion in the country with all your children at Eton or Rugby or Shrewsbury school. You have maids, butlers and chauffeurs. Life is comfortable and fantastic.

Then your hubby tells you one morning that the main reason why he married you was because you were fit and attractive. That he did not care about your intelligence, personality, sense of humour, kindess, character or any other thing that showed how wonderful you were in and out.

Would you then say, alright fam, that is calm. It is okay that you married me because i was attractive.”?

To your first point, some women view money as the main and sometimes only point.

Yes, it's stupid to marry people for materialistic reasons only. Which is essentially what I said. A women wanting a financially stable man doesn't mean she's a gold digger :/ if it's the ONLY reason, then yes, she is though.

Lmao, no. I don't speak like some beg hoodrat:lolz:
You asked me about the source on the explosion of divorces.

I responded to the post where you said that the number one reason for divorce relates to finance “where the women appear to be gold diggers”. Where’s the source for that statement?
Yes, it's stupid to marry people for materialistic reasons only. Which is essentially what I said. A women wanting a financially stable man doesn't mean she's a gold digger :/ if it's the ONLY reason, then yes, she is though.

Lmao, no. I don't speak like some beg hoodrat:lolz:

That was my point. Now you agree with me.

one person likes spending money freely and the other is more frugal and prefers saving.
Everything from different spending habits and financial goals to one spouse making considerably more money than the other, causing a power struggle can strain a marriage to the breaking point.
. If one partner is spending excessive amounts or getting into debt, the other may not want to continue the marriage as a result.

^^Copied and pasted. Where was gold digging mentioned?
Okay...but women (esp black) marry down their league financially all the time, so how does that make us gold diggers? Finance is important in both parts.

Sorry but I must comment.

The reason why often black women marry black men who make less than them isn't because black women don't care about money (they care about money very much) .. it is because due to the high incarceration rate of black men, and the fact that black women tend to stay in education longer than black men ...there are simply not a large enough supply of black men for every university educated black woman to date a guy who makes more than her.

So black women face a choice.

A)Stay single
B)Date a white dude
C)Date a black guy who makes less than her

Most seem to opt for either A or C

There was some Oprah show on it a some years back...

My experience of black women is that most are concerned with money. When I was unemployed due to redundancy some black woman showed interest in a bar and when I said I got made redundant I was given the spanish inquisition over my employment history. I genuinely felt like I was at an Interview. Another time a black woman approached me and within seconds was asking what I do, I was unemployed at the time but had already secured a job and was a few weeks away from starting so told her about that ...but in general I have definitely noticed black women start asking about job and stuff much quicker than other races.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for a black man to date an attractive black woman whilst he is unemployed and out of education ..... whereas a white woman, it would be possible

I don't get much interest from attractive black women when walking down the street, ...but one day I noticed I seem to be getting a lot of attractive black women checking me out. I was wearing a suit that day. I almost never wear suits [I was in it for a funeral]

I did an experiment once a long time ago on pof where I edited my dating profile title to make it seem like i was some sort of businessman

I got about a 50% increase in views from white women
A 50% increase in views from South Asian women
A 300% increase in views from black women

Black women are definitely concerned about money.....
one person likes spending money freely and the other is more frugal and prefers saving.
Everything from different spending habits and financial goals to one spouse making considerably more money than the other, causing a power struggle can strain a marriage to the breaking point.
. If one partner is spending excessive amounts or getting into debt, the other may not want to continue the marriage as a result.

^^Copied and pasted. Where was gold digging mentioned?

Gold digging was one of my points. I stated that the main reason is financial issues which can come from different subsets. Gold-digging is one of the sub-sets

Money and gold digging aren't the same thing. I couldn't, for example, stay with someone who racked up gambling debts which comes under money in of your links, which has nothing to do with gold digging. I want a financially stable partner.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Money and gold digging aren't the same thing. I couldn't, for example, stay with someone who racked up gambling debts which comes under money in of your links, which has nothing to do with gold digging. I want a financially stable partner.

Financial issues come from a wide range of problems from racking up debts to not being able to heat your home to gold digging.

Many of the cases that come from money problems are from basic financial constraints which take a toll on the couple, and pushes the woman to abandon her family.
Financial issues come from a wide range of problems from racking up debts to not being able to heat your home to gold digging.

Many of the cases that come from money problems are from basic financial constraints which take a toll on the couple, and pushes the woman to abandon her family.

Where's your proof that gold digging is one of them?
Where's your proof that gold digging is one of them?

What is this with proof on everything?Are you ignorant? Gold diggers are known to be there for the money, when the money stops they leave.

I cannot provide scientific evidence that shows some women were gold digging. Which woman will come out to say that she is a gold digger even though she was gold digging?
What is this with proof on everything?Are you ignorant? Gold diggers are known to be there for the money, when the money stops they leave.

I cannot provide scientific evidence that shows some women were gold digging. Which woman will come out to say that she is a gold digger even though she was gold digging?

No I'm not ignorant. But there seems to be an assumption from you that a) it's just women who are gold diggers and b) it's the only money related issue for divorce.
lol this thread is still going :laugh:

Most girls just want to be treated with a bit of respect imo.
Women quite often do get paid less than men for the same job, so it's not a myth, and the OP needs to get his act together, I mean most women would want a promotion, but, I'm sorry, do you want us to come in to work the day we're due for a baby, and then the day after it's born? Anyway, men can take paternity leave, basically just a week or two off for you- and you don't have to go through the pain of childbirth and all the mental and physical effects so you're fighting a losing battle on that front OP
Original post by ANM775

The reason why often black women marry black men who make less than them isn't because black women don't care about money (they care about money very much) .. it is because due to the high incarceration rate of black men, and the fact that black women tend to stay in education longer than black men ...there are simply not a large enough supply of black men for every university educated black woman to date a guy who makes more than her.

A)Stay single
B)Date a white dude

My experience of black women is that most are concerned with money. When I was unemployed due to redundancy some black woman showed interest in a bar and when I said I got made redundant I was given the spanish inquisition over my employment history. I genuinely felt like I was at an Interview. Another time a black woman approached me and within seconds was asking what I do, I was unemployed at the time but had already secured a job and was a few weeks away from starting so told her about that ...but in general I have definitely noticed black women start asking about job and stuff much quicker than other races.

I honestly don't think it would be possible for a black man to date an attractive black woman whilst he is unemployed and out of education ..... whereas a white woman, it would be possible

I don't get much interest from attractive black women when walking down the street, ...but one day I noticed I seem to be getting a lot of attractive black women checking me out. I was wearing a suit that day. I almost never wear suits [I was in it for a funeral]

I did an experiment once a long time ago on pof where I edited my dating profile title to make it seem like i was some sort of businessman

What is the incarceration rate?
Original post by EpicBrum
What is the incarceration rate?

can't remember off the top of my head, but percentage wise there is a higher amount of black men in jail than white men or asian men etc......
Original post by ANM775

A)Stay single
B)Date a white dude

I wasn't trying to say that we didn't care about money. I care about money, definitely lol. I think it varies between women, but with the guy I quoted he said that women are gold-diggers as to why relationships fail. Which I don't think that is true if (black) women are still marrying down. However, I am aware of the other possibilities, such as incarcerated like you said.
No I'm not ignorant. But there seems to be an assumption from you that a) it's just women who are gold diggers and b) it's the only money related issue for divorce.

It is not true.

a) i have responded on this thread that men and women can be gold diggers.

b) i have written on here many times that money is one the reasons and a major reason for divorce.

Don’t lie. If in doubt, ask.

If you want a rationale debate, let’s continue. Else, please refrain from falsely accusing me of what i have not said.
I wasn't trying to say that we didn't care about money. I care about money, definitely lol. I think it varies between women, but with the guy I quoted he said that women are gold-diggers as to why relationships fail. Which I don't think that is true if (black) women are still marrying down. However, I am aware of the other possibilities, such as incarcerated like you said.

No, i did not say that. Why do people read my statements and make their own conclusions? You have falsely accused me of saying what i did not say.

I wrote that money problems is a major determinant for divorces and failed marriages. A cause of this is also that some women enter relationships on false pretence of love rather than the actual reason of gold digging.

Please quote me correctly. You would not be happy if i lied against you.

Also saying that black women do not care about money is a massive lie. Like the other guy wrote, many black women are left with struggling black men and settle for them. It does not mean that they dont care about money or would not marry up if given the chance.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending