The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bah, he was just speaking his mind free from the type of constraints that make most people in this world have to watch everything they say in public. Being a black Trump supporter these days is one of the hardest gigs on earth, respect to him for standing up and be counted. It could be that he didn't know what was coming but all that dragon energy would have prevailed and he would have spoken his mind anyway, in the absence of his manager to restrain him.
he needs love x
Original post by zhog
Bah, he was just speaking his mind free from the type of constraints that make most people in this world have to watch everything they say in public. Being a black Trump supporter these days is one of the hardest gigs on earth, respect to him for standing up and be counted. It could be that he didn't know what was coming but all that dragon energy would have prevailed and he would have spoken his mind anyway, in the absence of his manager to restrain him.

Dragon energy. :biggrin:
Original post by zhog
Bah, he was just speaking his mind free from the type of constraints that make most people in this world have to watch everything they say in public.

Constraints like common sense?
Original post by zhog
Bah, he was just speaking his mind free from the type of constraints that make most people in this world have to watch everything they say in public.

Original post by anarchism101
Constraints like common sense?

I read a couple good tweets on this phenomon today so I'll just quote them.

"As a culture, we place so much emphasis on the importance of thinking for yourself & your right to your own opinions; too little on informing yourself & your duty to assess facts. Hence Kanye. Hence Trump. Hence Brexit. Hence millions of proud doinks on the internet."

https://twitter.com/alexvtunzelmann/status/991585740579573760

"We are living in a culture that perpetuates the idea that our basest, most instinctive responses are themselves special, unique and meaningful, somehow ‘pure’ because they are unaffected by study or external influence."

https://twitter.com/Sonic_Screwup/status/991708962419609600

"Free thinking" has become synonymous with "gut feeling". To be a free thinker is to say what first comes into your head without giving it any further thought. Opinions formed from base instincts alone are pure and untainted by outside forces such as other poeple's point of view or that thing called evidence. Any quick google of black struggles against slavery would throw up many examples that contradict Kanye's statement. Rationalist free thinking lead to the development of processes like peer review, which are designed to really rince an idea and put it through a gauntlet of criticism, it is taken as granted that human ideas need to be tested against the reality of the objective world. This is now looked upon with suspicion by much of the population.

There is nothing to commend about this so called free thinking. It's just proud ignorance shouted very loudly. It toutamount to saying poeple shoud respect your feelings and not question them, which is ironic as this is what this dumb unthinking section of the right accuses the left of constantly.

I don;t knwo whether this is really anything new or is being made worse by the internet and post industrial societies. I've read that industrialisation forced humans to become more rational, as if you work in a factory you have to deal with cold hard facts to make your factory work. Now more more of us spend most of our time dealing with more ethereal things and less time with hard logical process, combined with the internet that lets humans literally spread ideas at the speed of light, we are about to enter another age where supersition reigns. It will only get worse. As more and more of the physical aspects of economic life is abstracted away to automisation and is less of a concern for an ever increasing proportion of the population that plays no part of physical production, or even information production (AI can do that as well) we really will start return to medieval type thinking. Enlightenment and rationality was a blip.
(edited 5 years ago)
His music’s shite it keeps me up all night...

That was a reference to an Oasis lyric, who are better than anything he’s ever done!
I recommend watching the extended version of his slavery rant. Not that edited rubbish they showed on TV that took out 90% of his points.
He loves the way Candace Owens thinks and all!

i like her too, black americans can't be owned by the Democrats.
Reply 28
Original post by zhog

I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not?
Original post by zhog
He loves the way Candace Owens thinks and all!

i like her too, black americans can't be owned by the Democrats.

Funny enough Democrats used to own millions of them.
Hence the post Trump election popular T shirts saying. ...." Democrats....I haven't seen them this angry since we took their slaves off them!"
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Napp
I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not?

Not really.
Reply 31
Original post by zhog
Not really.

Oh dear.
Original post by Just my opinion
Funny enough Democrats used to own millions of them.
Hence the post Trump election popular T shirts saying. ...." Democrats....I haven't seen them this angry since we took their slaves off them!"

They still claim some form of ownership when they proclaim themselves as the 'party for the black people', don't they? How can anyone black vote Trump, they have to be Uncle Toms or white inside. Just as with the election, there has to be something extraordinary and sort of paranormal to explain 'what went wrong'.
This is what West was essentially speaking about.
Back when gucci was the sh it to rock, back when slick rick had the sh it to pop
I'd do anything to say i got it
I imlpore people to watch his 1 hr 45 min interview , Ye is a man that speaks truth and I believe that is why he likes Trump. To be able to respect someone but not agree is different,Has he for one minute claimed he agrees with his policies? No , he simply respects the way his truth incited a revolution. It is also laughable that we attack a mans views but we are the people that provide him with the pedestal to do so.We need to not live in an age where we aggrevsily pursue a persons musings of oppositional thought , it is toxic.
Original post by gabeward160700
We need to not live in an age where we aggrevsily pursue a persons musings of oppositional thought , it is toxic.

But we do, thanks to the people who feel we need to. The Trumpophobes are doing somersaults because a black man has said he likes Trump, that is 'unacceptable' these days to all 'right-thinking' people.

It's not the first time in history, it is a perpetual struggle between the totalitarian minds and the rest. They do take the p**s by trying to convince the vulnerable that Trump is a fascist, though.
The poo hit the fan and the left started running around like their hair was on fire when he said " I like the way Candace Owens thinks."
Candace Owens being a black Republican/ anti Democrat is one thing.
She has a relatively small following and unless you are politically active online there is a very good chance you won't have heard of her.
Someone with West's following bringing thes ideas to a much larger audience by agreeing with what she says about how Blacks shouldn't feel bullied by the group think into forever voting Democrat was just too much to bare.
Most celebs who want a bit of controversy and free publicity just go on the flat earth thing.

Ye would be playing an incredibly dangerous game if he was only in it for publicity, given the penchant of the American Left to call for boycotts and economic punishment of just about anyone they don't agree with.

Having said that, he's so rich from all his previous performance, writing and producing work that if he never raps another word in his life, he'll still have more money than God.

What do I think he's up to? I think he's a loon. He clearly has an idea somewhere that he's against identity politics, but he's just going about it in a completely nuts way. He probably doesn't know or care that much and he's saying whatever he feels like whether it makes sense or not.
nothing more than a gimmick. it happens people.

Latest

Trending

Trending