The Student Room Group

Physics AS Level OCR

Who is sitting the external exams for Physics new Spec. on the 15th May 2018 for OCR???????

Scroll to see replies

Me:ciao:
is this ocr a? in that case me too :smile:
Me too.
Any ideas or predictions for tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by IGCSEKID2017
Me too.
Any ideas or predictions for tomorrow? :smile:

i’ve been trying to find predictions but i really can't! all i’m hoping is that there’s not too many experimental questions or electricity in the exam. :x
Original post by -andromeda-
i’ve been trying to find predictions but i really can't! all i’m hoping is that there’s not too many experimental questions or electricity in the exam. :x

Haha me too! I'm guessing one practical is gonna come up. And fingers crossed we don't get many electricity questions too. I think something to do with uncertainties and graphs might come up but that's just a random guess!
Haha me too! I'm guessing one practical is gonna come up. And fingers crossed we don't get many electricity questions too. I think something to do with uncertainties and graphs might come up but that's just a random guess!

ooh good point, i’m actually pretty fond of uncertainty questions compared to waves/electricity. trying to learn all the practicals right now for tomorrow as i don’t know many of them well - it’s a little stressful! what are you hoping for?
ooh good point, i’m actually pretty fond of uncertainty questions compared to waves/electricity. trying to learn all the practicals right now for tomorrow as i don’t know many of them well - it’s a little stressful! what are you hoping for?

Me too I'm glad I've found someone else who likes uncertainites :biggrin: A lot of ppl tend to dread them! Tbh electricity is the topic I'm worried about cos I've been going through all the books but you just don't know when it comes to exam questions! Have you seen last years paper? I'm also going through practicals too from the spec - something that i need to focus on (literally the day before the exam)! Do you have any predictions for wave questions? Are you taking any other AS levels too?
Me too I'm glad I've found someone else you likes uncertainites :biggrin: A lot of ppl tend to dread them! Tbh electricity is the topic I'm worried about cos I've been going through all the books but you just don't know when it comes to exam questions! Have you seen last years paper? I'm also going through practicals too from the spec - something that i need to focus on (literally the day before the exam)! Do you have any predictions for wave questions? Are you taking any other AS levels too?

haha, so glad you like them! once you get your head around them i feel like they’re quite nice questions. i find electricity unreasonably hard even though it should be understandable - i just can’t ever seem to get the right answers in the kirchhoff’s laws and potential divider circuits. i find also the markscheme is pretty tricky to manage to get marks from. and me too! trying to learn all the setups as quick as i can :x

and yep, my school's insisting on doing them. i’m taking edexcel maths and edexcel chemistry as well; we haven’t started further maths yet so we’re not being examined this summer haha. what about you?
haha, so glad you like them! once you get your head around them i feel like they’re quite nice questions. i find electricity unreasonably hard even though it should be understandable - i just can’t ever seem to get the right answers in the kirchhoff’s laws and potential divider circuits. i find also the markscheme is pretty tricky to manage to get marks from. and me too! trying to learn all the setups as quick as i can :x

and yep, my school's insisting on doing them. i’m taking edexcel maths and edexcel chemistry as well; we haven’t started further maths yet so we’re not being examined this summer haha. what about you?

I'm taking exactly the same subjects as you! But I'm doing OCR for chemistry and the further maths next year :biggrin:. I think only a few people will be taking the AS level this year (I could be wrong). But a lot of people are taking internal exams. Electricity is something that I'm really practicing at the moment. And you know those questions with resistors in paralle? Finally I'm getting the hang of them! Yes,you're right the mark scheme is quite hard to see where they are coming from. I was looking at a question from last years paper and I still don't get how they got the answer :frown:. I think that the practical that might come up could be measuring g or something to do with waves?
I'm taking exactly the same subjects as you! But I'm doing OCR for chemistry and the further maths next year :biggrin:. I think only a few people will be taking the AS level this year (I could be wrong). But a lot of people are taking internal exams. Electricity is something that I'm really practicing at the moment. And you know those questions with resistors in paralle? Finally I'm getting the hang of them! Yes,you're right the mark scheme is quite hard to see where they are coming from. I was looking at a question from last years paper and I still don't get how they got the answer :frown:. I think that the practical that might come up could be measuring g or something to do with waves?

oh wow, are we secretly the same person? lol

i agree, i think the majority are taking internals which is why i’m worried for the grade boundaries! they could be very unexpected. i’m trying as hard as i can to get to grips properly with electricity - so glad you’re getting it though! :smile:

i hope it’s not the g practical, that kills me - it’s so boring! i’m quite sure though it won’t be terminal velocity again, because that keeps coming up and surely they have to change at some point haha.
oh wow, are we secretly the same person? lol

i agree, i think the majority are taking internals which is why i’m worried for the grade boundaries! they could be very unexpected. i’m trying as hard as i can to get to grips properly with electricity - so glad you’re getting it though! :smile:

i hope it’s not the g practical, that kills me - it’s so boring! i’m quite sure though it won’t be terminal velocity again, because that keeps coming up and surely they have to change at some point haha.

Haha true secret A-level twins :wink:

I know but i think a terminal velocity one came up last year so hopefully it's an easy practical too!. I think we had to get at least 95/140 for an A last year so fingers crossed it stays arounf that region! But good luck with the electricity science shorts on youtube is quite good if you don't know about him!
Haha true secret A-level twins :wink:

I know but i think a terminal velocity one came up last year so hopefully it's an easy practical too!. I think we had to get at least 95/140 for an A last year so fingers crossed it stays arounf that region! But good luck with the electricity science shorts on youtube is quite good if you don't know about him!

ooh yeah i should be able to nab an A in that boundary unless i’m very unlucky haha! and thanks, i actually hadn’t heard of him before - lifesaver! i’ve been watching some from a level physics online on youtube, which have helped with a couple topics.
Also, look at the beautiful weather we will be sitting our exams in :frown:
Also, look at the beautiful weather we will be sitting our exams in :frown:

i KNOW it’s such a shame!! i wish we could use up all the rainy days when we’re already stuck inside. :tongue:
ooh yeah i should be able to nab an A in that boundary unless i’m very unlucky haha! and thanks, i actually hadn’t heard of him before - lifesaver! i’ve been watching some from a level physics online on youtube, which have helped with a couple topics.

I'm sure you will! Make sure we get an early night and don't revise till lateNo probs I literally found him last week. I think he's quite good!
I'm sure you will! Make sure we get an early night and don't revise till lateNo probs I literally found him last week. I think he's quite good!

thank you!! and definitely, you’ve got good advice haha :smile:

good luck, even if i’m technically competing against you - let’s hope things go our way!
i KNOW it’s such a shame!! i wish we could use up all the rainy days when we’re already stuck inside. :tongue:

I remember sitting through GCSEs last year looking at the rays of sunshine and here I am again :biggrin:
I remember sitting through GCSEs last year looking at the rays of sunshine and here I am again :biggrin:

haha, the worst bit about summer exams for me is that my hayfever always calms down a couple days before to lull me into a false sense of security and then suddenly explodes in the exam! sneezes for days, it’s so distracting for everyone in the hall :s-smilie:
thank you!! and definitely, you’ve got good advice haha :smile:

good luck, even if i’m technically competing against you - let’s hope things go our way!

Haha true let's hope luck is on both of our sides! Good luck for tomorrow and let me know how it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest