The Student Room Group

Consultancy vs IB

How much harder is it to get into consultancy compared to IB, also what is the starting salary like in consultancy?
And for consultancy how important are spring internships?
About the same salary, but keep in mind that the interview process is different. Consultancies have case interviews (Google is your friend).

Consultancies tend to take less interns, as the market is experiencing lows during summer. Instead, they offer internships for a selected few during the semesters. In northern Europe, the consultancies tend to focus more on full-time recruiting.

I’d advise you to try both, apply for any spring/summer insights/internships that you can find!

Also, the jobs are very different, at least in the longer run. I’d advise you not to choose with only salary in mind. You need a passion for the career you choose in order to develop as much as possible, and enjoying your job (there will be many hours in both professions).
Reply 2
Original post by randusername
About the same salary, but keep in mind that the interview process is different. Consultancies have case interviews (Google is your friend).

Consultancies tend to take less interns, as the market is experiencing lows during summer. Instead, they offer internships for a selected few during the semesters. In northern Europe, the consultancies tend to focus more on full-time recruiting.

I’d advise you to try both, apply for any spring/summer insights/internships that you can find!

Also, the jobs are very different, at least in the longer run. I’d advise you not to choose with only salary in mind. You need a passion for the career you choose in order to develop as much as possible, and enjoying your job (there will be many hours in both professions).

So are full time hire numbers similar for IB and consultancy? Also has consultancy been affected as badly as IB over Brexit?
Original post by 09fg99jhb
So are full time hire numbers similar for IB and consultancy? Also has consultancy been affected as badly as IB over Brexit?

Consulting firms hire more people through their full time recruiting process than their internship conversion processes. Banking is the opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending