The Student Room Group

Marvel's first female movie!

The trailer has debuted for the upcoming Captain Marvel!

[video="youtube;Z1BCujX3pw8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8[/video]

What do you think? :woo:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It does look good, I will definitely be watching it, hopefully it is as good as the trailer.
Coooooool!
its crazy - the marvel movies with a few notable exceptions, have become so beige now... yet they are still the most sure-fire way to get me to go to the cinema.

I know there are better movies out there, many that I also go and see - but marvel have just done such a good job of turning their movies into 'cinema experiances' that as soon as I see a new marvel movie I just go straight to 'well, thats going to be an evening out with my wife'.

I don't know what to say about the new film? it looks like a marvel film? 95% of them are the same: decent movies that you enjoy watching... nothing more or less. No one can possibly say if this will be in the 5% that actually rise above being a 'marvel' film..

one thing is certain though - they are very unlikely to disappoint you..
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by fallen_acorns
its crazy - the marvel movies with a few notable exceptions, have become so beige now... yet they are still the most sure-fire way to get me to go to the cinema.

I know there are better movies out there, many that I also go and see - but marvel have just done such a good job of turning their movies into 'cinema experiances' that as soon as I see a new marvel movie I just go straight to 'well, thats going to be an evening out with my wife'.

I don't know what to say about the new film? it looks like a marvel film? 95% of them are the same: decent movies that you enjoy watching... nothing more or less. No one can possibly say if this will be in the 5% that actually rise above being a 'marvel' film..

one thing is certain though - they are very unlikely to disappoint you..

I certainly found the last few so same'ish and disappointing. Really hoping this is something truly different and fresh.

Original post by scorpion95
It does look good, I will definitely be watching it, hopefully it is as good as the trailer.

Do you think this trailer has a slightly different feel? To me it does feel a little fresher and a new age of Marvel :ninja:
Original post by 8472
I certainly found the last few so same'ish and disappointing. Really hoping this is something truly different and fresh.

I did too, until infinity war - which surprised me. I really enjoyed the direction they took with that, focusing on thanos, being ruthless with who they kill etc.

As long as they stick to it in the second movie, and don't just reverse everything entirely, and leave it with no consequences, than that one goes down well in my books.
Original post by 8472
x

looks very interesting, not the best teaser imo but i'm excited to see the concept of her in the movie if that makes sense.
what do you think about it?:awesome:
Reply 7
Original post by entertainmyfaith
looks very interesting, not the best teaser imo but i'm excited to see the concept of her in the movie if that makes sense.
what do you think about it?:awesome:

It's odd. The teaser is really quite different to others and you can clearly see she's being egged towards to her most powerful/next level super hero status for inside the current MCU lineup. Cya Thor and Doctor Strange :tongue: I cautiously optimistic on there being something different here. Though Phil Coulson returning and a bit of Brie Larson will always result in a happy 8472 :h:
Original post by 8472
The trailer has debuted for the upcoming Captain Marvel!

[video="youtube;Z1BCujX3pw8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8[/video]

What do you think? :woo:

i seriously cant wait finally for this to come out and yes a female marvel movies this is great
it looks great :excited::smile:

As long as they stick to it in the second movie, and don't just reverse everything entirely, and leave it with no consequences, than that one goes down well in my books.

Well considering many of the characters who died have confirmed sequel films, you might end up being disappointed. IW is also a loose adaptation of a comic story which does end up reversing everything.
I did too, until infinity war - which surprised me. I really enjoyed the direction they took with that, focusing on thanos, being ruthless with who they kill etc.

Lol not likely. Its based on comics where people don't stay dead for more than 5 mins. The actor for Spiderman has signed up for another 3 films so you know he'll at least be back.
“But Wonder Woman was the first female marvel film”
Original post by nutmegger
Well considering many of the characters who died have confirmed sequel films, you might end up being disappointed. IW is also a loose adaptation of a comic story which does end up reversing everything.

Original post by Guru Jason
Lol not likely. Its based on comics where people don't stay dead for more than 5 mins. The actor for Spiderman has signed up for another 3 films so you know he'll at least be back.

I never doubted that the dust-dead people would come back... its the others that I am hoping they commit to. Loki, vision, gamora, etc.
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
that was DC :facepalm:

I think your sarcasm radar is malfunctioning sir
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
that was DC :facepalm:

Hence the quotations my friend
Original post by Lilligant22
Hence the quotations my friend

sorry on that note
More garbage by Marvel...
Yay?
This looks goddamn amazing!!
Took Marvel timeee to bring a female superhero movie to the big screens
Black Widow's one is so overdue!
Original post by 8472

Do you think this trailer has a slightly different feel? To me it does feel a little fresher and a new age of Marvel :ninja:

Yeah I think in a way it does feel slightly different. There aren't many films where the female is the lead hero/character and not been dressed in skimpy outfit (I'm not complaining about the skimpy outfits I like them or the other traits either) It is good to see
Original post by astroworld
This looks goddamn amazing!!
Took Marvel timeee to bring a female superhero movie to the big screens
Black Widow's one is so overdue!

i agree they really need to make a Black Widow one

Quick Reply

Latest