The Student Room Group

Munich Putsch

How significant was the munich putschArgue :1. Very significant because...2. Not very significant because
Original post by linettejoseph
How significant was the munich putschArgue :1. Very significant because...2. Not very significant because

This isn't a we'll do your homework for you site.

Give us your thoughts as well.
Reply 2
1. Hitlers arrest, publicity, mein Kampf
Reveals leniency in places of power e.g judiciary (hitler sentenced to just five years, spends nine months in relative luxury in comparison to the execution of left wing spartacists, Luxemburg and Liebnekt -excuse spelling) reveals weakness of Weimar Republic.
2. It was unsuccessful, the putsch itself doesn’t result in any real power and the lack of loyalty to the cause suggests weakness

Sorry that’s all I’ve got, could compare it to the kapp putsch or sparticist uprising?
Original post by Corps
1. Hitlers arrest, publicity, mein Kampf
Reveals leniency in places of power e.g judiciary (hitler sentenced to just five years, spends nine months in relative luxury in comparison to the execution of left wing spartacists, Luxemburg and Liebnekt -excuse spelling) reveals weakness of Weimar Republic.
2. It was unsuccessful, the putsch itself doesn’t result in any real power and the lack of loyalty to the cause suggests weakness

Sorry that’s all I’ve got, could compare it to the kapp putsch or sparticist uprising?

thanks
Original post by Blue_Cow
This isn't a we'll do your homework for you site.

Give us your thoughts as well.

sorry but i've only just started using this site and just getting the hang of it :frown:
Original post by linettejoseph
sorry but i've only just started using this site and just getting the hang of it :frown:

I have researched it I just don't understand parts of it. I am finding it difficult to balance the angruement I have more pros than cons in this topic. If you can, pls help thankx
Well it was significant at it was the catalyst for Hitler to write Mein Kampf (which in itself would prove influential as his party got more popular in the late 1920's /early 1930's), not to mention the first major piece of publicity he and the Nazi Party got. It also revealed sympathies in the German judiciary as he got a very lenient sentence (5 years, of which he served 9 months) for a crime that had a maximum penalty of death (if I remember from GCSE correctly).

However, his views were still fairly fringe in the early 20's, and only started to truly gain traction when the Great Depression kicked in (which Germany, which survived pretty much fully off American loans, felt the full force of). Arguably, it only had more long term effects when he began to gain popularity after 1929, rather than immediately after the Putsch.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by shadowman10
Well it was significant at it was the catalyst for Hitler to write Mein Kampf (which in itself would prove influential as his party got more popular in the late 1920's /early 1930's), not to mention the first major piece of publicity he and the Nazi Party got. It also revealed sympathies in the German judiciary as he got a very lenient sentence (5 years, of which he served 9 months) for a crime that had a maximum penalty of death (if I remember from GCSE correctly).

However, his views were still fairly fringe in the early 20's, and only started to truly gain traction when the Great Depression kicked in (which Germany, which survived pretty much fully off American loans, felt the full force of). Arguably, it only had more long term effects when he began to gain popularity after 1929, rather than immediately after the Putsch.

thanks
Very important because Hitler decided to stop using force in his bid for power and turned to politics and the Nazi party (legal methods). Certainly he used force after becoming Chancellor, but after the Putsch he realised that legal methods would have to do.

Quick Reply

Latest