The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on clothes?

I’m 16, about to go to 6th form and just wondered how much people spend per month on clothing? I’m a primary girl and everyone seems to be spending loads and I also need to shop for clothes for 6th form so I need an estimate to compare with x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I mean I'm a guy so it isnt completely comparable (I just finished 6th form btw). I go through periods of spending and not spending so probably spend between 50-150 per month I'd say? I almost entirely (except for shoes) shop on depop however so I can usually get more with 100 pound than you could buying things on urban outfitters if you see what I'm saying

I highly recommend depop if you aren't using it already
Reply 2
I but new clobber like every 3 years haha. Basically whenever the stuff I already have gets holes. I don't buy per month and never have.
I dont have a monthly budget.
just spend a lot whenever i want to buy clothes at once.
I just spent £550 within the last monthand like £200 in January/February.
But i will probably not spend anymore untill September when the new Adidas x Calabasas Season comes out because im so fond of Kanye :h:
To be fair though im going uni in september and i had to get new pieces from my wardrobe especially since my style has changed.
Probably going to get a few cheap hoodies and another jacket and then ill be done :smile:

Don't compare to me though lol cos i think fashion has no spending limit in my eyes, if you really like something then get it.
But its also about looking for deals and stuff.
6th form - just get essentials like jeans and tops in like simple colours and air forces.
Honestly people dont care what you wear.

also forgot to add that womens clothing is sooooooo much cheaper due to being more in trend in guys therefore a lot of the fast fashion brands are good like pretty little thing, missguided, fashionnova etc..
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
I but new clobber like every 3 years haha. Basically whenever the stuff I already have gets holes. I don't buy per month and never have.

Same haha, I have a few outfits on cycle which I wear until they start looking a bit tatty, then spend maybe 100-200 on a few new outfits and chuck the old ones. Saves a load of space in the bedroom, only need a small wardrobe :biggrin:
I get all my stuff from Primark. I don't really care because you can get some very nice clothes from there and nobody is gonna tell the difference. Maybe you could splash out a little on a nice jacket or something.

If you're tight on money then remember this: Bill Gates does not believe in spending a lot of money on clothes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Same haha, I have a few outfits on cycle which I wear until they start looking a bit tatty, then spend maybe 100-200 on a few new outfits and chuck the old ones. Saves a load of space in the bedroom, only need a small wardrobe :biggrin:

Do you not get tired of wearing the same clothes on rotation??
Can't imagine that for myself i tend to get paranoid and start thinking if people are questioning ''is that all the clothes he got?'' - but then again i am very much into fashion so...
Too much. It's probably linked to psychological problems.
Do you have insomnia? I see you posting a lot at this time.

I feel you :frown:
Same my sleeping schedule atm is messed up
My GCSEs finished and I did a lot of all nighters for them so I slept at like 3 or 4 am . Now I am used to that so I sleep really late and wake up at like 1 or 2 the next day.
It's a pain really because I still feel tired during the day:frown:
Idek. Maybe £50 max every couple months, but I don't tend to spend money on clothes at all unless I'm feeling sad lmao
Do you have to wear different clothes everyday if you are a girl?
Original post by velvethopes
Idek. Maybe £50 max every couple months, but I don't tend to spend money on clothes at all unless I'm feeling sad lmao
Will try that thnx

But tonight I think I will sleep at like 3:30 . For some reason I feel tired during the day but in the night I am energetic . Makes no sense tbh :confused:
Original post by Chemist123
Do you have to wear different clothes everyday if you are a girl?

Well you don't have to, and it's hardly a gender thing either? It's just, y'know, more hygienic to change your t-shirt every now and again.
Original post by The Alice
I’m 16, about to go to 6th form and just wondered how much people spend per month on clothing? I’m a primary girl and everyone seems to be spending loads and I also need to shop for clothes for 6th form so I need an estimate to compare with x

I usually spend very little, ASDA george and 70% off M&S sale is my wardrobe.
Original post by Galatic
I get all my stuff from Primark. I don't really care because you can get some very nice clothes from there and nobody is gonna tell the difference. Maybe you could splash out a little on a nice jacket or something.

If you're tight on money then remember this: Bill Gates does not believe in spending a lot of money on clothes.

Indeed, but Warren Buffett and Carlos Slim are much more frugal.
The reason why I mentioned 'girls' is because guys wear suits in my sixth form so they do not have to worry much about their clothes but us girls can wear whatever we want. I just wanted to know if I have to wear completely new outfits everyday so I would have to buy clothes every week.
Original post by velvethopes
Well you don't have to, and it's hardly a gender thing either? It's just, y'know, more hygienic to change your t-shirt every now and again.
Original post by Superdrilles
Do you not get tired of wearing the same clothes on rotation??
Can't imagine that for myself i tend to get paranoid and start thinking if people are questioning ''is that all the clothes he got?'' - but then again i am very much into fashion so...

Nope, if something looks good on me I'm happy to wear it often :top:
I buy new clothes every summer during my birthday, around £100
I don't see the need to buy new clothes every month, it's pointless.

Shoes: I own 4 pairs and buy new ones when they break lol (but I get quite expensive shoes tho (£200-300), although they do last a couple of years)
Like £50 a year maybe, all my stuff is from the charity shop except my wolf shirts which I order online

Quick Reply

Latest