The Student Room Group

Is it bad to hate spending money?

During the pandemic I got so much money from unemployment. So I spent all my money recklessly. On a car, clothes, you name it. Now since it’s long gone I have to work for my money and now I hate spending money because I go through so much to earn it so I hate seeing it flushed down the drain.. My mom always wants to hang out with me she’s a nurse so she makes lots of money and expects me to spend my 600 bi weekly check on pampering myself. I work but I like to save my money because I want my life to grow and evolve. I wanna move into my own place soon. I wanna save money for car problems. It’s hard to evolve from work when every week you spend the check. Sure when people have sponsors its easy but I don’t. I can’t afford to just spend it every week. I been working for 3 months and already have 3k dollars saved up. This time I’m not playing about my spending habits. Overall is it bad or normal?? My mom tells me how “everybody is enjoying life” but I work all the time even my brother who’s spoiled rotten. I used to live that way to until bills and more bills piled up and karma! Life is hard when you don’t plan for the future!
Reply 1
Original post by fallsemester21
During the pandemic I got so much money from unemployment. So I spent all my money recklessly. On a car, clothes, you name it. Now since it’s long gone I have to work for my money and now I hate spending money because I go through so much to earn it so I hate seeing it flushed down the drain.. My mom always wants to hang out with me she’s a nurse so she makes lots of money and expects me to spend my 600 bi weekly check on pampering myself. I work but I like to save my money because I want my life to grow and evolve. I wanna move into my own place soon. I wanna save money for car problems. It’s hard to evolve from work when every week you spend the check. Sure when people have sponsors its easy but I don’t. I can’t afford to just spend it every week. I been working for 3 months and already have 3k dollars saved up. This time I’m not playing about my spending habits. Overall is it bad or normal?? My mom tells me how “everybody is enjoying life” but I work all the time even my brother who’s spoiled rotten. I used to live that way to until bills and more bills piled up and karma! Life is hard when you don’t plan for the future!

nope not bad at all
im like that, i have to save bc of emergencys thatll happen or somethng or if i have to buy an emergency gift...
its normal, i even get called scrooge soemtimes lol cuz of how bad i want to save but no its normal
keep saving and dont listen to anyone who tells you to spend it....just save, save, save cuz itll be worth it in the end <3
I rather like people who save money instead of wasting it for a nonsense. Yeah, sometimes I am stingy, but I dislike to spend money for something I have not a real interest in. I see no sense in it at all. So when I really need a thing, I am glad to be able to pay it thanks to my careful investments. I feel with you.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending