The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Liverpool John Moores or Royal Holloway

Which is better? As a university and location? Im planning on studying law and am a massive Liverpool football club supporter.
Original post by titi_bibi1
Which is better? As a university and location? Im planning on studying law and am a massive Liverpool football club supporter.

Royal Holloway is the better uni in terms of its position in league tables, but I fear that isn't the answer you wanted?? Location wise, it is a bit dead - only 40 minutes into London by train tho, as they always say!
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
Royal Holloway is the better uni in terms of its position in league tables, but I fear that isn't the answer you wanted?? Location wise, it is a bit dead - only 40 minutes into London by train tho, as they always say!

I wrote my question very quickly and I didn't explain everything because I needed a quick reply and thank you for your message. I understand that RH is better but I feel like it will bring me down socially, with everything being so far away. Also, I would like to pursue sports law which is a module offered at LJM, and not at RH, which is also making me gravitate towards Liverpool. Despite this, RH is 24th in the uni rankings whilst LJM is 74th which is a considerable difference. Do you think this will impact my degree? As much as I love the exterior of Royal Holloway and its opportunities, I feel like I will grow more as a person in Liverpool (since I will move there from London and be more independent) despite not particularly liking the Liverpool exterior. Please offer any advice and help because I am truly stuck; where one university lacks, the other fulfils and vice versa. Thank you.
Reply 3
Jmu is a brilliant uni. Id highly recommend
I wrote my question very quickly and I didn't explain everything because I needed a quick reply and thank you for your message. I understand that RH is better but I feel like it will bring me down socially, with everything being so far away. Also, I would like to pursue sports law which is a module offered at LJM, and not at RH, which is also making me gravitate towards Liverpool. Despite this, RH is 24th in the uni rankings whilst LJM is 74th which is a considerable difference. Do you think this will impact my degree? As much as I love the exterior of Royal Holloway and its opportunities, I feel like I will grow more as a person in Liverpool (since I will move there from London and be more independent) despite not particularly liking the Liverpool exterior. Please offer any advice and help because I am truly stuck; where one university lacks, the other fulfils and vice versa. Thank you.

It sounds like you are not really keen on Royal Holloway, so I wouldn't go there. Are there any other options or does it have to be between those two? What year are you going to uni?
Reply 5
It sounds like you are not really keen on Royal Holloway, so I wouldn't go there. Are there any other options or does it have to be between those two? What year are you going to uni?

Yes I am not as keen on RH and there are many reasons preventing me from happily going there. However, just as I was about to choose LJM, everyone is saying to go to RH because obviously the degree will be more valuable since it ranks 24th as opposed to LJM ranking 74th. At the end of the day I want a more valuable degree but I know I will be happier if I go to LJM which is why I am so confused about this decision. I needy to decide asap because I'm starting September 23rd. I don't want to choose RH regretting it but simultaneous, I don't want to choose LJM and have fun and enjoy it but when it comes to employability, be regretful later. What do you think?
Yes I am not as keen on RH and there are many reasons preventing me from happily going there. However, just as I was about to choose LJM, everyone is saying to go to RH because obviously the degree will be more valuable since it ranks 24th as opposed to LJM ranking 74th. At the end of the day I want a more valuable degree but I know I will be happier if I go to LJM which is why I am so confused about this decision. I needy to decide asap because I'm starting September 23rd. I don't want to choose RH regretting it but simultaneous, I don't want to choose LJM and have fun and enjoy it but when it comes to employability, be regretful later. What do you think?

Going to LJM won't stop you having a career in Law so I would go there if you much prefer it and will be happier.

Law firms take more notice of A level grades and the class of degree that you achieve at your uni than anything else. If you have strong A levels you will find it easier to break into Law and if you don't, I'm afraid you will find it difficult whichever uni you go to.
Reply 7
Going to LJM won't stop you having a career in Law so I would go there if you much prefer it and will be happier.

Law firms take more notice of A level grades and the class of degree that you achieve at your uni than anything else. If you have strong A levels you will find it easier to break into Law and if you don't, I'm afraid you will find it difficult whichever uni you go to.

Thank you for your advice. I was wondering if I choose RH and dislike it after 2 or so weeks, would I be able to change uni then or would it be too late? What would be my options if I end up regretting my decision?
Thank you for your advice. I was wondering if I choose RH and dislike it after 2 or so weeks, would I be able to change uni then or would it be too late? What would be my options if I end up regretting my decision?

That is not a good idea as you would have missed Freshers at LJM and there is no guarantee they would want to take you 2 weeks after the start of the course, or be able to provide accommodation.

What are your A level grades btw?
Reply 9
That is not a good idea as you would have missed Freshers at LJM and there is no guarantee they would want to take you 2 weeks after the start of the course, or be able to provide accommodation.

What are your A level grades btw?

I got BBC :/ I was even thinking about repeating the year or not even bothering with uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending