The Student Room Group

is Lotso the bear from Toy Story 3 a good villain?

my girlfriend charlotte told me that he was a better villain than any classic horror villains. we had strong words. let me know what ya think :smile:
Original post by joegoldberg
my girlfriend charlotte told me that he was a better villain than any classic horror villains. we had strong words. let me know what ya think :smile:

I think Lotso is a decent villain. Sometimes best villains are those that have a genuinely heartbreaking backstory-because then you can understand and sympathise with them-though I get that's the antithesis of how you are meant to feel towards a villain. I think in this case you can see that Lotso had a lot of emotional pain that he ultimately decided to exercise by being an uncaring and manipulating character. We can see elements of Lotso in everyday people-heck I see it in my younger brother because I wasn't very nice to him when we were children-I have a medical condition which (when I was a kid) was perhaps responsible for my nastiness, which turned him into a nasty piece of work as a teenager and he has upheld an aggressive bent to his behaviour since he felt strong enough to turn the tables on me. As it is a Pixar film, the type of villain Lotso is plays fittingly into the confines of a U or PG rating-and actually has better depth than you'll find in many mature films animation or otherwise.
Reply 2
he's certainly a good twist villain and im just going to leave you this
Reply 3
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I think Lotso is a decent villain. Sometimes best villains are those that have a genuinely heartbreaking backstory-because then you can understand and sympathise with them-though I get that's the antithesis of how you are meant to feel towards a villain. I think in this case you can see that Lotso had a lot of emotional pain that he ultimately decided to exercise by being an uncaring and manipulating character. We can see elements of Lotso in everyday people-heck I see it in my younger brother because I wasn't very nice to him when we were children-I have a medical condition which (when I was a kid) was perhaps responsible for my nastiness, which turned him into a nasty piece of work as a teenager and he has upheld an aggressive bent to his behaviour since he felt strong enough to turn the tables on me. As it is a Pixar film, the type of villain Lotso is plays fittingly into the confines of a U or PG rating-and actually has better depth than you'll find in many mature films animation or otherwise.

what is your medical condition? maybe my girlfriend has the same and that is why you both see this in Lotso. i think i am onto something here...:wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Tenya Iida
he's certainly a good twist villain and im just going to leave you this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
what is your medical condition? maybe my girlfriend has the same and that is why you both see this in Lotso. i think i am onto something here...:wink:

Uhh I don't know where you're coming from there but my medical condition is hydrocephalus.
Reply 6
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Uhh I don't know where you're coming from there but my medical condition is hydrocephalus.

Ahh i see, thankyou for that. Would you argue that Lotso is forgiveable?
Ahh i see, thankyou for that. Would you argue that Lotso is forgiveable?

I think Lotso is forgivable because I believe the formative self can shine through.
Reply 8

i loathe you for this but i legally have to say that caught me off guard, well done

Quick Reply

Latest