The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Old Cartoons Review

Hi! :smile:

This Sunday the time has finally come to introduce this thread...

:banana:!!Kallisto's old Cartoons review!!:banana:

I was planning to create it for so long to give all of you a corner to go into raptures who appreciated the good old times of cartoons until this day. :excited:In short: this is a place for nostalgia, a place where I will post informations, pictures and maybe videos about old cartoons from the 80s and 90s, possibly even the 70s. :love: Cartoons I and maybe you were grown up in your childhood and teenage years. And I am sure there are some you don't know. That is one of my intentions: just to show you cartoons before your generation starts and to explain why I liked them so much in the past. :biggrin::redface:

If you like to suggest some cartoons from this period of time, be my guest and name some names! Of course it stands to reason that I will report about cartoons I really know and watched. But as I have almost watched over 100 of those, it should be hardly a problem to give reviews. :yep: And if I am talking about cartoons, I really mean cartoons! Don't confuse them with animes, so cartoons produced and made in Japan! :naughty:

Do you guys got it? alright! Let's have a lot of fun here. :h:

@quasa, @AngryJellyfish and @the bear be my invited guests for my grand opening!
:party2:

Cartoons that are published:

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Got quite a few cartoons from the 90s to recommend:

Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid
Batman the animated series / superman the animated series
Spiderman 90s series.
Season 2 of Iron man animated series I loved when I was little (also enjoyed second season of the fantastic 4 series)
The 90s sonic series which was a comedy

My list would be bigger if anime were involved.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by quasa
Got quite a few cartoons from the 90s to recommend:

Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid

Batman the animated series / superman the animated series
Spiderman 90s series.
Season 2 of Iron man animated series I loved when I was little (also enjoyed second season of the fantastic 4 series)
The 90s sonic series which was a comedy

My list would be bigger if anime were involved.

Get a smile when I am thinking about those cartoons. :biggrin: If you know Pinky and the Brain, you certainly know Animaniacs? schould I tag you when I post a review about those cartoons?
(edited 3 years ago)
ermm my great-nan used to watch Marine Boy :ninja:
Original post by Kallisto
Hi! :smile:

This Sunday the time has finally come to introduce this thread...

:banana:!!Kallisto's old Cartoons review!!:banana:

:party2:

Cant believe Tom and Jerry has been banned.

(edited 3 years ago)
"Cartoon series chronicles the adventures of marine boy, who can breathe for extended periods underwater with the use of oxygum. He also has jet boots that propel him underwater, and a friendly dolphin who always seems to show up just when marine boy needs him most."
The Raccoons always springs to mind when I think of (non-anime) cartoons I wouldn't mind revisiting. The ending theme is glorious. :coma:

Original post by the bear
ermm my great-nan used to watch Marine Boy :ninja:

Kallisto said no anime. :noway: :p:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8899/Kaitei_Shounen_Marine
Get a smile when I am thinking about those cartoons. :biggrin: If you know Pinky and the Brain, you certainly know Animaniacs? schould I tag you when I post a review about those cartoons?

Was never that keen on animaniacs. Loved Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid
Speaking of old series, why not mention 60s series like scooby doo and this fun old series

Original post by quasa
Speaking of old series, why not mention 60s series like scooby doo and this fun old series

Oh yeah! I don't care that Wacky Races is from the 60s! triple dread, Hannah Babera Cartoons were also parts of my childhood (Yogi Bear and Top Cat for instance...)

Original post by AngryJellyfish
The Raccoons always springs to mind when I think of (non-anime) cartoons I wouldn't mind revisiting. The ending theme is glorious. :coma:

The Raccoons, of course! they are on my list since I was planning this thread.

That is right! no animes, that is your job, not mine. :tongue:
Original post by AngryJellyfish

i must tell Great-nan that she was an anime fan :colondollar:
i must tell Great-nan that she was an anime fan :colondollar:

It was news to my dad as well. :p:
debating whether or not to list transformers as they were technically a japanese adaption (likewise robotech). also with transformers, the best series didnt come out till the 21st century (imo transformers prime is the best transformers series, however this was released in the 2010s; armada was 2nd best - this was released in the 00s and is a localisation of a japanese anime; 3rd best series is beast machines, which is early 00s and a sequel to the 90s series beast wars).
Original post by 999tigger
Cant believe Tim and Jerry has been banned.

Tim and Jerry?! I am sure it is a typo and you meant Tom and Jerry! :biggrin:

It is on my list!👍
@AngryJellyfish
@quasa
@the bear

So after a little while I made this huge list of cartoons I know that I have watched them and where I am sure they have not a Japanese background. Those are the ones I would love to report step by step. Do you guys know them all? :biggrin: they are in aplhabetical order!

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
@AngryJellyfish
@quasa
@the bear

So after a little while I made this huge list of cartoons I know that I have watched them and where I am sure they have not a Japanese background. Those are the ones I would love to report step by step. Do you guys know them all? :biggrin: they are in aplhabetical order!

Spoiler

i have watched The Simpsons, The Flintstones, Top Cat, Wacky Races, and Yogi Bear ( of course ).

did you want to put Scooby Doo on your list ? :holmes:
@AngryJellyfish
@quasa
@the bear

Spoiler

Maybe include teenage mutant ninja turtles (the og cartoon series which chuck Lorre (creator of big bang theory) sung theme for. Otherwise great list
i have watched The Simpsons, The Flintstones, Top Cat, Wacky Races, and Yogi Bear ( of course ).

did you want to put Scooby Doo on your list ? :holmes:

Even I'm surprised by the omission of the 60s and 70s scooby series
@AngryJellyfish
@quasa
@the bear

Spoiler

There's a few there I don't recognise, but plenty that I do have fond memories of. :yep:

I'd also like to suggest Jem / Jem and the Holograms.
(edited 3 years ago)
Ooh, got a couple more: 'earthworm Jim' and 'the tick'

Edit- fun fact about earthworm Jim, the main character is voiced by Dan Castellaneta ie homer Simpson himself
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest