The Student Room Group

What are your hobbies?

I’m just looking to get into something new and I want to know what other peoples interests are in case I find anything interesting. I’m quite lonely nowadays and would love to get out more and meet new people but that’s not very easy as someone in their mid 20s.

Scroll to see replies

I like fishing, boxing, gaming, and film. For a while in my 20s, I also did Dnd and warhammer.
I started boxing and skateboarding in the summer after my GCSEs. Unfortunately, I'm not too 'skilled' to skate on streets properly which is a bit of a bummer since I was planning on skateboarding to school to be 'that kid', although it would be pretty annoying for people to ask if I do any tricks. I'm also waay too busy and broke for boxing at the moment and I'm hoping that I can make a return to boxing soon!

I think that both skateboarding and boxing are pretty good ways to become more social as you can speak with people to find out how they do something and ask for advice, ultimately allowing you to get closer to more people!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Guru Jason
I like fishing, boxing, gaming, and film. For a while in my 20s, I also did Dnd and warhammer.

Wow that’s a lot- awesome. When you say your hobby is film, what do you mean? Do you join groups for that?
Original post by serterweryerper
I started boxing and skateboarding in the summer after my GCSEs. Unfortunately, I'm not too 'skilled' to skate on streets properly which is a bit of a bummer since I was planning on skateboarding to school to be 'that kid', although it would be pretty annoying for people to ask if I do any tricks. I'm also waay too busy and broke for boxing at the moment and I'm hoping that I can make a return to boxing soon!

I think that both skateboarding and boxing are pretty good ways to become more social as you can speak with people to find out how they do something and ask for advice, ultimately allowing you to get closer to more people!

Skateboarding is super cool! I think it shows a lot of skills regardless on if you can do tricks or not.

I used to be into a lot of sports as a child like gymnastics, swimming and trampolining since I was an only child- it’s a common trend for a lot of only children to get into these types of things, but I wasn’t too keen on swimming or gymnastics because I didn’t feel like I fit in, trampolining was amazing but my elders took me out of it because they thought it was dangerous. I’m still quite upset about it but it’s whatever. I’ve been struggling to have an actual hobby since then tbh. I would love to get into sports but I’m not my ideal weight right now… and I’m rather nervous to get into sports right now but maybe in the future. Kick boxing seems very cool to me.
Original post by blitterflicker
Wow that’s a lot- awesome. When you say your hobby is film, what do you mean? Do you join groups for that?

At university yes. Now I occasionally may stream a movie with friends via discord.

Fishing I do solo but I sometime go with family or friends.

Boxing/mma was done at my local club.

Dnd was done online and warhammer was done in the warhammer store.
Original post by Guru Jason
At university yes. Now I occasionally may stream a movie with friends via discord.

Fishing I do solo but I sometime go with family or friends.

Boxing/mma was done at my local club.

Dnd was done online and warhammer was done in the warhammer store.

I see, thanks for clarifying. My best friend enjoys DnD but it’s not my thing, he’s mentioned playing it together a few times but we never actually have.
(edited 6 months ago)
Gaming - Meh

Cars - Driving, Fixing, Car shows etc

Music, Occasional composing and gigging/festivals, I've never really wanted to be a pro/famous, just like having fun with it
Reply 8
I like creative writing, films and reading.
Not very sociable activities.
Original post by Cote1
I like creative writing, films and reading.
Not very sociable activities.

I like reading too. Creative writing is quite cool
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
Art, baking, book reviews, making chocolate, collecting toy animals, photography, reading, writing.
Original post by londonmyst
Art, baking, book reviews, making chocolate, collecting toy animals, photography, reading, writing.

How do you review books? Like is it a part of a book club or do you do it using the internet?
Original post by -Eirlys-
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.

Meh, well I suppose we can call that a hobby :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by blitterflicker
How do you review books? Like is it a part of a book club or do you do it using the internet?

You can do it for academic journals as part of 'service'.
Original post by StriderHort
Meh, well I suppose we can call that a hobby :redface:

Hahaa, yes, volunteering online may be considered one. :lol:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by londonmyst

Toy animals like Sylvanians or like the plastic farm animals?
Reply 17
I gave bonsai a go once, but it died really quickly.
I collect photocards and go to theme parks
Original post by Trinculo
I gave bonsai a go once, but it died really quickly.

Didn’t know what that was until I looked it up after seeing your response. That’s actually very interesting

Quick Reply

Latest