The Student Room Group

I need a job!

What retail shops are most likely to hire 16 year olds?
Age is irrelevant, try Primark or your local shop!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
You're less likely to get a job in the food industry because they usually involve selling stuff like alcohol and since you're underage that's illegal. If you do want a job in the hospitality industry then Levy UK could be a good option, look into hospitality agencies that offer zero-hour contracts, they often have jobs that don't require you to be over 18. Maybe put a focus on more retail jobs like primark, JD, H and M, or maybe a receptionist or even care work? The way I see things is, apply to whatever interests you, the worst they can say is no and the best outcome is you get the job.
Reply 3
Original post by _Jo_Jo
You're less likely to get a job in the food industry because they usually involve selling stuff like alcohol and since you're underage that's illegal. If you do want a job in the hospitality industry then Levy UK could be a good option, look into hospitality agencies that offer zero-hour contracts, they often have jobs that don't require you to be over 18. Maybe put a focus on more retail jobs like primark, JD, H and M, or maybe a receptionist or even care work? The way I see things is, apply to whatever interests you, the worst they can say is no and the best outcome is you get the job.

Yeah I’ve been applying to retail places thanks for the advice I don’t think I would keep a hospitality job for long anyway.
Original post by Kam_7

Age is irrelevant, what counts is what experience and customer service skills you have. Try your local shop or Primarks.
Original post by EliminationGuy
Age is irrelevant, what counts is what experience and customer service skills you have. Try your local shop or Primarks.

I literally just said that :/
Original post by Twittwoooo
I literally just said that :/

So you did, but you never added the 'try your local shop' part.
Reply 7
Original post by Kam_7
Yeah I’ve been applying to retail places thanks for the advice I don’t think I would keep a hospitality job for long anyway.

Surprisingly, they pay quite well from what I've seen and they're super convenient depending on where you live. As a London girl, my agency job has been a lifesaver and I meet loads of new people on the regular. Since they're zero hour, you get to decide when you want to work so it's really good for people like me who hate committing to something. Good luck though!
Most hire from 16. Any clothes shop, cafe, restaurant, supermarkets, pharmacy etc
Original post by EliminationGuy
So you did, but you never added the 'try your local shop' part.

I did actually
Original post by Twittwoooo
I did actually

'Last edited by Twittwoooo; 3 minutes ago', only afterwards, which makes your argument invalid!
Original post by Kam_7

Whatever you do, as long as you don't give up, you improve the odds of success. Good luck.
Original post by Kam_7

None of them r even open mate, so good luck with getting a job now.

Big 4 (Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury's, Morrisons) r your best bet tbh...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending