The Student Room Group

Kpmg offer holders (2021)

Poll

Kpmg offer holders (2021)

just wanted to start this forum for people who have received an offer from KPMG so we can get to know each other

Scroll to see replies

Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to change programmes at KPMG? I have an offer for audit for Sep 2021 but would like to change to consulting.
Original post by GradSchAppl
Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to change programmes at KPMG? I have an offer for audit for Sep 2021 but would like to change to consulting.

I mean kpmg doesn’t even allow changes to an application pre-offer so I’m not sure how you’ll pull this off. Congrats on the offer tho bud!!!
Reply 3
hi - i have an LP coming up for consulting, and am wondering what advice you have for it- things to bear in mind or do to prepare? thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by GradSchAppl

As someone who applied to audit I would recommend sticking with it. Although consulting is very attractive kpmg is looking to sell of its restructuring arm aswell as reductions in consulting due to covid so audit is definitely more secure for now. After the three year training contract you can switch departments with relative ease. Also bear in mind that the consulting applications haven't finished yet so they see unlikely to switch your offer
Reply 5
Original post by aa2018
hi - i have an LP coming up for consulting, and am wondering what advice you have for it- things to bear in mind or do to prepare? thank you!

Hi mate,
Main thing is to stay calm and know the industry and kpmg in depth there will be a group exercise stage and an interview section all is explained very well and present yourself to a high standard in group exercises and you'll be fine. The interview will be competence and technical based but it won't to extreme into consulting. Also read a recent article to apply commercial awareness and take a look at the kpmg anual report
Reply 6
Original post by aa2018

just wondering what area of consulting and which intake+location you applied to?
Reply 7
Original post by jeff213
Hi mate,
Main thing is to stay calm and know the industry and kpmg in depth there will be a group exercise stage and an interview section all is explained very well and present yourself to a high standard in group exercises and you'll be fine. The interview will be competence and technical based but it won't to extreme into consulting. Also read a recent article to apply commercial awareness and take a look at the kpmg anual report

thank you this is really helpful! in terms of technical questions for the interview, what type of things are useful for preparation and roughly what kinds of questions should i be looking for? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ch16253
just wondering what area of consulting and which intake+location you applied to?

hey- I applied for financial tranformation in london x
Reply 9
Congratulations on your offer! Could I ask if the component of the LP stage is just the group exercise stage and an interview? Is there a written task to complete as well?
Original post by jeff213
Hi mate,
Main thing is to stay calm and know the industry and kpmg in depth there will be a group exercise stage and an interview section all is explained very well and present yourself to a high standard in group exercises and you'll be fine. The interview will be competence and technical based but it won't to extreme into consulting. Also read a recent article to apply commercial awareness and take a look at the kpmg anual repor
Reply 10
does anyone who did LP on 24th have an offer yet?
Reply 11
Original post by aa2018

nope, i'm guessing it'll be tomorrow. how do you think it went?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by aa2018

Not yet for me either, I keep checking my emails lol
Reply 13
Original post by akhmo
nope, i'm guessing it'll be tomorrow. how do you think it went?

Original post by _student134
Not yet for me either, I keep checking my emails lol

I think it was a nice AC but im not really sure what to expect- do either of you know if they call just for offers or also for rejections. Also I realised that people on the AC were going for different roles- what were you both applying for and what office?
best of luck for results though!
Original post by aa2018
I think it was a nice AC but im not really sure what to expect- do either of you know if they call just for offers or also for rejections. Also I realised that people on the AC were going for different roles- what were you both applying for and what office?

Yeah, I liked how they actually were just tryna get to know us. I'm sure they're more likely to call just for offers and then email for rejections but I can't confirm that. I applied for People Consulting in Manchester, you?
Reply 15
Original post by _student134
Yeah, I liked how they actually were just tryna get to know us. I'm sure they're more likely to call just for offers and then email for rejections but I can't confirm that. I applied for People Consulting in Manchester, you?

Yeah exactly- and that makes sense that they'd email for rejections tbf. I applied for financial transformation in London. wondering how many of us for each position there was, I've never done an AC where there were people applying for different locations!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by aa2018

Kpmg always call whether its a rejection or an offer. You'll also be emailed about both outcomes
Is this forum for school leavers apprenticeship offer holders?
Reply 19
Original post by Zoo-Eee-Mama
Is this forum for school leavers apprenticeship offer holders?

This forum was set up for graduate offer holders.although feel free to share your offer city and position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending