The Student Room Group

Pro life or Pro Choice

Ok, so could you answer both these questions:
Are you pro life or pro choice?
Do you believe the foetus counts as a living being?

Scroll to see replies

Pro choice
No
Pro choice
Also no
I don’t identify in either camp. I do think a fetus is a living thing, but does that mean it’s entitled to human rights? Not necessarily.

For me its a question of when does a baby become a baby not wether its in a womb or not.

Ive taken the opinion that once a baby has cognition it should be considered entitled to human rights (this is at about 23 weeks).

I do still think in general abortion is a very very poor solution and people should endeavor to find a better option but I don’t think anyone takes such a decision lightly.
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
I don’t identify in either camp. I do think a fetus is a living thing, but does that mean it’s entitled to human rights? Not necessarily.

For me its a question of when does a baby become a baby not wether its in a womb or not.

Ive taken the opinion that once a baby has cognition it should be considered entitled to human rights (this is at about 23 weeks).

I do still think in general abortion is a very very poor solution and people should endeavor to find a better option but I don’t think anyone takes such a decision lightly.

so overall which one are you?
Original post by Anonymous
so overall which one are you?

I don’t identify with either camp as I just said
Politically pro-choice. Personally, I lean towards thinking that killing humans is always unacceptable.

Foetuses are objectively living beings. No question about it.

Edit: Born in '02
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by mnot
I don’t identify with either camp as I just said

oh, sorry.
Reply 8
Also, those born after the year 2000, if you don't mind, could you say so.
Reply 9
Pro-choice for sure I don't understand why people think they have any right to stop a woman from doing what she wants with her own body.
And no I don't think they are living beings
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Also, those born after the year 2000, if you don't mind, could you say so.

Pro choice 100%
Pro life people seem more like pro-baby to me. They seem to forget about the mother, who actually has a sustainable life.
I do think, however, that abortion should only be done if necessary: rape, health issues, detrimental to mothers/family's health (mental or physical).
Pro-choice 100% it's a woman's right to decide whether she wants to have a baby or not not a bunch of men in the government.
Ah this old TSR classic. Anyone would think this is an American site.
Original post by glassalice
Ah this old TSR classic. Anyone would think this is an American site.

would you like to share your view on the topic?
Original post by MiriCumberbatch6
Pro-choice 100% it's a woman's right to decide whether she wants to have a baby or not not a bunch of men in the government.

Fun fact: men and women have very similar views on abortion and pretending that this is a men vs women issue is blatant propaganda.
Original post by Theloniouss
Fun fact: men and women have very similar views on abortion and pretending that this is a men vs women issue is blatant propaganda.

except that in each individual case, it only matters what that one woman thinks and wants
Original post by black tea
except that in each individual case, it only matters what that one woman thinks and wants

In the UK at the moment, that is true for the first 24 weeks of pregnancy.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 17
Pro-choice, but to a certain extent. I think abortions should be legal for pregnancies that are up to 6 weeks. I've always found it odd how some women would have an abortion when they're 8 months pregnant. I feel as though at that point in the pregnancy, it's no longer an abortion. It's just going through labour and then killing a baby. Besides, is it really that difficult to wait for another month and just give the baby up for adoption? Of course, all the points I have made are only towards women who get an abortion by choice. I'm not referring to women who have to have an abortion due to medical reasons such as eclampsia
Original post by Theloniouss

this is very true; I've just been researching, because people have been telling me that its mainly men who are pro life, but turns out its equal.

Original post by black tea

well, i guess in a way its also the man's child, but i suppose the woman feels the pain...
Original post by jas149
Pro-choice, but to a certain extent. I think abortions should be legal for pregnancies that are up to 6 weeks. I've always found it odd how some women would have an abortion when they're 8 months pregnant. I feel as though at that point in the pregnancy, it's no longer an abortion. It's just going through labour and then killing a baby. Besides, is it really that difficult to wait for another month and just give the baby up for adoption? Of course, all the points I have made are only towards women who get an abortion by choice. I'm not referring to women who have to have an abortion due to medical reasons such as eclampsia

does this mean you believe that pregnancies should be illegal for past 6 weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending