The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Mr Capaldy was marvellous in Lair Of the White Worm with Mr Grant.
Really looking forward to this.
We need Russel back!! Moffats story lines arent the best!
Original post by the bear
Mr Capaldy was marvellous in Lair Of the White Worm with Mr Grant.

...There is a Ken Russel horror film out there with Peter Capaldi and Hugh Grant?

My dear sir I believe I could kiss you.

This was actually found a few days back but i'm always fairly slow on the upkeep. Aint it just wonderful*? :awesome:

*And by wonderful I mean horrifying.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone

This was actually found a few days back but i'm always fairly slow on the upkeep. Aint it just wonderful*? :awesome:

*And by wonderful I mean horrifying.

That is so creeeeepy! :biggrin: I love Capaldi :biggrin:
Superb choice of the doctor. I didn't want it to be some guys hormonal guys 'swoon' over like headless hens.

Very excited now.
Original post by Mistee M
We need Russel back!! Moffats story lines arent the best!

+1
Maybe the poll could be changed to "what do you think to the casting choice" ?
Original post by scapepower
Superb choice of the doctor. I didn't want it to be some guys hormonal guys 'swoon' over like headless hens.

Very excited now.

What a weird comment to get cheaply negged over :erm: -resets the balance-

I don't think though that Doctor Who fans are quite as creepy in their swooning as in other fanbases, type Johnlock into google without safesearch for details. It's just a fanbase full of hipsters bsaically :tongue:

Original post by Maid Marian
That is so creeeeepy! :biggrin: I love Capaldi :biggrin:

He's a pretty darn good drawer even if it looks like a bad David lynch dream. You know I really hope they bring back Confidential, DW won't be the same without getting to see him fanboy out on set :grumble:

He's a pretty darn good drawer even if it looks like a bad David lynch dream. You know I really hope they bring back Confidential, DW won't be the same without getting to see him fanboy out on set :grumble:

:lol: Gosh yes, they just HAVE to bring back Confidential for Capaldi. :stomp:
Original post by Maid Marian
:lol: Gosh yes, they just HAVE to bring back Confidential for Capaldi. :stomp:

I was so gutted when I got back into the series to see that they scrapped it =( At the very least i'd like to see what his outtakes would look like :daydreaming:

Oh and I was listening to the commentaries on The Thick of It today and they mentioned that Capaldi was probably the best improvisor out of the cast, in which case hopefully they'll let him throw in some good lines once he starts.
I was so gutted when I got back into the series to see that they scrapped it =( At the very least i'd like to see what his outtakes would look like :daydreaming:

Oh and I was listening to the commentaries on The Thick of It today and they mentioned that Capaldi was probably the best improvisor out of the cast, in which case hopefully they'll let him throw in some good lines once he starts.

Yeah :giggle:
Oh that reminds me! I don't watch The Thick of It, but my dad does, and he showed me this scene from an extra on it, I think it was some sort of commentary? But basically, the guys on it were saying how Capaldi would make a good Doctor :eek: And this was like from 2006/2007 ish apparently! It was really spooky.
Anyway :giggle:
...There is a Ken Russel horror film out there with Peter Capaldi and Hugh Grant?

My dear sir I believe I could kiss you.

hehee i **** you not !!

there are not many films about monstrous wyrms.... even fewer starring MessrsGrant & Capaldy :cool:

[video="youtube;ZK61O6H3E9s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK61O6H3E9s[/video]
Original post by the bear
hehee i **** you not !!

there are not many films about monstrous wyrms.... even fewer starring MessrsGrant & Capaldy :cool:

I have no idea what I just watched... But that was great :lol: Oh Ken, you were nothing if not unique.
I always thought that Davies was much cheesier than Moffat is as a showrunner, imho the series has been much more consistent under him and a lot of the story archs have been much more interesting.

Can't say I get the 'confusing' allegation either, it's hardly 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' but the speculation you get out of it is much more enjoyable than Davies got and apart from the saminess of the companions and a slight lack of character arc for the Doctor, I can't think of anything he's done bad which is worse than what came before (Durn it, you guys are turning me into a Moffat defender :unimpressed:).

think we will have to agree to disagree haha, I much prefered Davies' storylines and his series as a whole compared to moffat
(edited 10 years ago)
I wonder what Capaldi's catchphrase will be? :holmes:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I wonder what Capaldi's catchphrase will be? :holmes:

"Creag an tuire" :wink:

So I don't get a warning from any badass staff members for using non-English, that's a battlecry from a Scottish companion from the olden days of Doctor Who, Jamie :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Skip_Snip
"Creag an tuire" :wink:

Meaning? (foreign language requires translation on tsr!)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Meaning? (foreign language requires translation on tsr!)

Tsk you call yourself a Doctor Who fan? :wink:

The Doctor's first Scottish companion, Jamie used to use it as a battle cry :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest