The Student Room Group

FutureDoc Scam???

Is FutureDoc worth it? Or does he provide the same tips/advice from other YouTube sources?

I decided to apply for the Elite Future doc subscription but all types of subscriptions are really really expensive. I already had £150 deducted from my balance and I severely am kicking the back of my leg out of regret.

Is he really a good helper for those applying to Medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2023 Admissions Tests:
UCAT 2023 Discussion
BMAT 2023 Discussion
GAMSAT 2023 Discussion
UCAT 2023 Results

Other application years:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Original post by TSR Hippocrates
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2023 Admissions Tests:
UCAT 2023 Discussion
BMAT 2023 Discussion
GAMSAT 2023 Discussion
UCAT 2023 Results

Other application years:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

I was hoping for a reply. Definetly not from you 😡
Reply 3
How is the program?
Original post by username4237158
Is FutureDoc worth it? Or does he provide the same tips/advice from other YouTube sources?

I decided to apply for the Elite Future doc subscription but all types of subscriptions are really really expensive. I already had £150 deducted from my balance and I severely am kicking the back of my leg out of regret.

Don’t spend that much on medicine - just get cheap stuff like medify @ucaticx UCAT guides etc ace the ucat there’s so many out there - get the interview guide for medicine too it’s very good it’s on amazon I think
Original post by username4237158

Hey there,

I've been through the FutureDoc programme and it was fantastic.

Well worth the money and you get so many great resources! I'm now studying medicine at Newcastle.
Hi there,
Ex future doc student here. They helped me get into my first choice medical school at UCL and secure not 1,2 but 3 offers. Results speak for itself really. Honestly dont know what you’ve been hearing about them haha
NB. The original poster has deleted their account, so unlikely to read any responses.
Reply 8
Original post by Umar_A588
Hi there,
Ex future doc student here. They helped me get into my first choice medical school at UCL and secure not 1,2 but 3 offers. Results speak for itself really. Honestly dont know what you’ve been hearing about them haha

Hi Umar, which package did you apply for?
Reply 9
What packages are there
Reply 10
Original post by josh56471
Hey there,

I've been through the FutureDoc programme and it was fantastic.

Well worth the money and you get so many great resources! I'm now studying medicine at Newcastle.

How much did you pay, please? Is it really expensive?
Reply 11
Original post by user2089
How much did you pay, please? Is it really expensive?

i had an offer from FutureDoc, the elite academy is 2k and the 3 month programme is 150 a month
i declined it as i had already done my ucat and therefore i wouldve been paying for resources i wouldnt have been using.
Reply 12
Original post by Amir11x
i had an offer from FutureDoc, the elite academy is 2k and the 3 month programme is 150 a month
i declined it as i had already done my ucat and therefore i wouldve been paying for resources i wouldnt have been using.

was quoted at £3300 upfront or £395/month for a minimum of 3months for the "academy" level.
[also note the 2 posts above endorsing it were around the same time and only have that single post to their account…]
Reply 13
Original post by dx7
was quoted at £3300 upfront or £395/month for a minimum of 3months for the "academy" level.
[also note the 2 posts above endorsing it were around the same time and only have that single post to their account…]

Just to jump in in case you thought the other two ex-students who posted were bots, I thought I would give you my experience with Futuredoc!
I am currently enrolled with Futuredoc and so far it has been really helpful! I've been paired up with a student at my first choice university who was in the same situation as I was (mature grad applicant) so it has been invaluable to be able to message her anything that comes to mind about the application process and the course itself.

In one of the talks, I was able to ask the speaker (a cardiothoracic surgeon) about her route into surgery and for any general advice as surgery is the field I'm interested in. Everyone knows it's difficult to get work experience (even more so for older applicants as most schemes seem to be geared towards school leavers) and lately, being able to track down a doctor just for a GP appointment is impossible, let alone finding one to just chat about life as a doctor unless you live with one! So far the course helped me with the UCAT, my personal statement and then in the next couple of months they have a mock interview day which sounds great.

Obviously I can't speak to it's effectiveness because I've only just submitted the application, but it has definitely helped and yes, it is expensive but I wouldn't say it's a scam, it is just one of many med school resources out there. I would say it is probably less useful for school leavers as there seems to already be a wealth of information online for them plus they would have the support of their school.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by JadeN92
Just to jump in in case you thought the other two ex-students who posted were bots, I thought I would give you my experience with Futuredoc!
I am currently enrolled with Futuredoc and so far it has been really helpful! I've been paired up with a student at my first choice university who was in the same situation as I was (mature grad applicant) so it has been invaluable to be able to message her anything that comes to mind about the application process and the course itself.

In one of the talks, I was able to ask the speaker (a cardiothoracic surgeon) about her route into surgery and for any general advice as surgery is the field I'm interested in. Everyone knows it's difficult to get work experience (even more so for older applicants as most schemes seem to be geared towards school leavers) and lately, being able to track down a doctor just for a GP appointment is impossible, let alone finding one to just chat about life as a doctor unless you live with one! So far the course helped me with the UCAT, my personal statement and then in the next couple of months they have a mock interview day which sounds great.

Obviously I can't speak to it's effectiveness because I've only just submitted the application, but it has definitely helped and yes, it is expensive but I wouldn't say it's a scam, it is just one of many med school resources out there. I would say it is probably less useful for school leavers as there seems to already be a wealth of information online for them plus they would have the support of their school.

That's great - thx for the advice!
Reply 15
Original post by Amir11x

Thx for letting me know!
Original post by JadeN92

did u get in?
Original post by imanali11
did u get in?

Yep! Starting the GEM course at Southampton (first choice!) in September! Still waiting to hear back from Kings so haven't officially accepted yet but don't want to withdraw from Kings because I want to know the outcome of my interview! :lol:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by JadeN92
Yep! Starting the GEM course at Southampton (first choice!) in September! Still waiting to hear back from Kings so haven't officially accepted yet but don't want to withdraw from Kings because I want to know the outcome of my interview! :lol:

Hey how much did you pay in total and when did you start with future doc I’m currently in year 2 of biomed and applying in Oct 2024 if you could share any tips please?
Original post by imxnali
Hey how much did you pay in total and when did you start with future doc I’m currently in year 2 of biomed and applying in Oct 2024 if you could share any tips please?

I joined up around May last year and paid 150 a month up until last month so 1500 in total.
My advice is very basic, get work experience that you can reflect on. It doesn't even have to be formal work experience, as long as you can say what you learned from it and how it applies to medicine then that can work.
I started UCAT prep in April, did a little bit every day and took the test in August but it depends on your schedule as I was working full time.
Start interview prep early, they usually only give you about 2 weeks notice and you don't want to have to start cramming once you get your invite.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending