Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yiz)
    I'll just write it again. This is it: H3CCH(NH2)+
    Was the first or second structure they asked for the one with m/z 44? (Think i might've swapped them round )

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for a B on this paper? Then I can get a C on F325 for A overall

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how many marks the question about hydrolysis with dilute HCl was, and also the question about fermentation of sugars and chemical synthesis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaOtter)
    That should be fine, looking at the jan 2013 paper that is. HNO2 OR NaNO2 with (dil) HCl 
    < 10°C
    According to the markscheme for Q2, b) ii
    Thats what i thought but basically u need either Hno2 and hcl or nano2 ans hcl

ReputationRep:
    mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammymxx)
    Thats what i thought but basically u need either Hno2 and hcl or nano2 ans hcl
    hno2 doesn't exist in real life you have to make it y yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanAlam)
    Does anyone remember how many marks the question about hydrolysis with dilute HCl was, and also the question about fermentation of sugars and chemical synthesis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    i know i know... i am jus dum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanAlam)
    I think 1 mark for fermentation.

ReputationRep:
    HNO2 does exist in real life, just for very short amounts of time. OCR allows you to just state HNO2 as that is what is forming the Diazonium ion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaOtter)
    HNO2 does exist in real life, just for very short amounts of time. OCR allows you to just state HNO2 as that is what is forming the Diazonium ion.
    yes i mean it is not a natural compound and it is very hard to preserve it you would lose the compound when hcl is too concentrated

ReputationRep:
    yes i mean it is not a natural compound and it is very hard to preserve it you would lose the compound when hcl is too concentrated

In terms of the exam paper it is an acceptable answer which is what everyone wants to know right now. No need to be pedantic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrificmagenta)
    Was the first or second structure they asked for the one with m/z 44? (Think i might've swapped them round )
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    What if I wrote 1 advantage for chemical pesticides and 4 disadvantages..would I still get 5 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the mark scheme for June 2015 F325

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have F325 June 2015 mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrificmagenta)
    Anyone??
    second

ReputationRep:
    I drew the tripeptide with one amide link in the r group and the other with the cooh group will i lose marks?
    Also i wrote the equation with NaBh4 as aldehyde + 2(H) = alcohol + OH- because i saw it as acceptable in the reaction machenism for a mark scheme once will i lose marks and also how many mark swas this question?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qhdop)
    What if I wrote 1 advantage for chemical pesticides and 4 disadvantages..would I still get 5 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack1234rg)
    I drew the tripeptide with one amide link in the r group and the other with the cooh group will i lose marks?
    Also i wrote the equation with NaBh4 as aldehyde + 2(H) = alcohol + OH- because i saw it as acceptable in the reaction machenism for a mark scheme once will i lose marks and also how many mark swas this question?

Thanks.
    you won't lose marks on writing OH- i think.as for the first part i'm not sure what you mean. as long as you have one amine and one carboxyl group. two amide groups , it would be perfectly fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.