The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Thread for the OCR A syllabus. Chemistry Units 4, 5 and 6.

What have you found helpful in revision? How far along the syllabus are you?What is your target grade/uni requirement?

For general questions and discussions for this exam.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Moved to Chemistry Exams.
It's F324 not F314 :P
Reply 3
Original post by bakedbeans247
It's F324 not F314 :P

Sorry, I did notice this mistake but I couldn't work out how to change the thread title.
Figured it out now. Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
*IMPORTANT*Hi everyone! I'm actually in my first year of university now but thought I would post all of my resources from my A levels last year. There are 1000s of resources including notes, practice questions and answers etc. for A2 Biology, Chemistry and Maths. There were far too many to upload them individually so I uploaded them to a google drive so if you follow the link below it will take you to them! I found TSR so helpful when I was doing my A Levels and found other peoples notes to be useful so I thought I would reciprocate the favour and upload mine! They aren't exam board specific so I hope they're helpful (although I did do OCR-Bio, Edexcel- Chem and Maths).Enjoy!https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5eZEYkqM9hmUTFod25kMm1WN28&usp=sharing
Reply 5
Original post by MeeraP07
*IMPORTANT*Hi everyone! I'm actually in my first year of university now but thought I would post all of my resources from my A levels last year. There are 1000s of resources including notes, practice questions and answers etc. for A2 Biology, Chemistry and Maths. There were far too many to upload them individually so I uploaded them to a google drive so if you follow the link below it will take you to them! I found TSR so helpful when I was doing my A Levels and found other peoples notes to be useful so I thought I would reciprocate the favour and upload mine! They aren't exam board specific so I hope they're helpful (although I did do OCR-Bio, Edexcel- Chem and Maths).Enjoy!https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5eZEYkqM9hmUTFod25kMm1WN28&usp=sharing

Thanks! What did you find the most helpful? What did you do on the run up to exams?
Reply 6
Original post by micaela_m
Thanks! What did you find the most helpful? What did you do on the run up to exams?

I mostly did past papers in the run up to the exams so I find doing practice questions the best method of revision. Doesnt have to be questions from your exam board only- you can use other exam boards as long as you know what you need to cover and dont.
Reply 7
Original post by MeeraP07

You are truly a life saver!!! Thanks soo much :smile:
Thread for the OCR A syllabus. Chemistry module 4.

What have you found helpful in revision? How far along the syllabus are you?What is your target grade/uni requirement?

For general questions and discussions for this exam.

We're doing coursework atm, wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by mil88
We're doing coursework atm, wbu?

We've finished the coursework, we're in module 3 of Unit 5 just started on ligands. Hopefully we'll be done soon, I want to go back to electrochemistry and constants because we didn't spend too much time on it and I feel like I need more practice. How are you finding the coursework?
We've finished the coursework, we're in module 3 of Unit 5 just started on ligands. Hopefully we'll be done soon, I want to go back to electrochemistry and constants because we didn't spend too much time on it and I feel like I need more practice. How are you finding the coursework?

Yeah not bad, I've got quant on rates this week.... (any tips?)

We've finished course though
Reply 11
Original post by mil88
Yeah not bad, I've got quant on rates this week.... (any tips?)

We've finished course though

We did that piece. As far as I can remember just be careful with the units look at them and make sure what they're asking for kJ or J etc. Apart from that it's quite straight forward. Good luck!
has anyone done f326 quant on titrations? would appreciate help (pm me)
Anyone aiming for the A* in Chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by cosmicapple
Anyone aiming for the A* in Chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im aiming for an A idk how imgonna get it, chem is soo tough

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this may be unrelated to this module for OCR (I'm Edexcel), but I had a question that I could not find the answer to and was wondering if anyone could help.

In chromium (II) ethanoate is the ethanoate ion a monodentate or bidentate ligand?
Original post by DesignPredator
I know this may be unrelated to this module for OCR (I'm Edexcel), but I had a question that I could not find the answer to and was wondering if anyone could help.

In chromium (II) ethanoate is the ethanoate ion a monodentate or bidentate ligand?

The ethanoate ion is always monodentate as it has 1 lone pair so can form only 1 dative bond.
Original post by ReeceM1
The ethanoate ion is always monodentate as it has 1 lone pair so can form only 1 dative bond.

But one ion form two bonds with two transition metal ions. Look up the structure.
Hi, I'm on OCR A Chemistry! I need an A for uni, but I'm aiming for an A* :smile: We did last year's paper as a mock and it was extremely difficult, luckily grade boundaries were relatively low for an A..
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Hi, I'm on OCR A Chemistry! I need an A for uni, but I'm aiming for an A* :smile: We did last year's paper as a mock and it was extremely difficult, luckily grade boundaries were relatively low for an A..

was that f324 or f325?

Quick Reply

Latest