The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
Yeah, This Jan I didn't spend enough time on revision! New Years etc makes it difficult! Plus we'd just finished moving houses
Awwh no worries, Maths is our friend :console:

But at least you've learnt from your mistake for these exams which is all that matters really :smile: And yeah, we all love a good bit of Maths :tongue:
Original post by The Polymath
Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Nottingham and Exeter, for a confusing variety of Economics+Languages courses which involved writing about 4-5 different personal statements :colonhash:

This might be a silly question but can you send different personal statements to different universities?!
Reply 2882
Original post by James A
45 minutes... remaining.....

Haha getting excited are we? :wink:

Original post by MathsNerd1
But at least you've learnt from your mistake for these exams which is all that matters really :smile: And yeah, we all love a good bit of Maths :tongue:

Exactly! I agree :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Yeah, This Jan I didn't spend enough time on revision! New Years etc makes it difficult! Plus we'd just finished moving houses
Awwh no worries, Maths is our friend :console:

Less than hour if you want to wait but if you need to sleep you should :smile:

Hmm it's sure tempting but I gotta get up at 6 for work... Enjoy :P
Original post by Felix Felicis
0π/2sin666xsin666x+cos666xdx\displaystyle\int_{0}^{\pi /2} \dfrac{ \sin^{666} x}{ \sin^{666} x + \cos^{666} x} dx

:wink:

I just don't know where you get these questions from. Can it actually be done using C4 techniques? I'm just trying the think of what I could do, hmm.
Original post by tigerz

:rofl:

I've never felt this excited, hehe.

This is the first time I've been awake to look at Arsey's solutions when he uploads it!

The last time I looked was for my C4 exam last June xD
Original post by Polypocus
This might be a silly question but can you send different personal statements to different universities?!

Normally you can't, but some universities allow you to send one directly to them. In my case:
Durham allow a *substitute* personal statement to be sent.
For "Flexible Combined Honours" at Exeter you can send an *additional* one to them.
Cambridge allow an extra 1200 characters to be submitted via their SAQ (every applicant fills in this questionnaire with their module results, class sizes etc. along with extra optional things like this).
And lastly the UCL admissions guy let me :tongue:
Reply 2887
Original post by BayHarborButcher

Oh wow, you should get some sleep then!

Original post by James A

This is the first time I've been awake to look at Arsey's solutions when he uploads it!

LOOL haha! tbh same, I only found out about Arsey after C1 and in S1 I went sleep then woke up :smile:
Normally you can't, but some universities allow you to send one directly to them. In my case:
For "Flexible Combined Honours" at Exeter you can send an *additional* one to them.
Cambridge allow an extra 1200 characters to be submitted via their SAQ (every applicant fills in this questionnaire with their module results, class sizes etc. along with extra optional things like this).

Ohhhhh I see! Wow quite lucky with UCL there :biggrin: But that sounds pretty awesome, firmed Cambridge I assume?

Original post by tigerz

Exactly! I agree :P

Original post by BayHarborButcher

I just don't know where you get these questions from. Can it actually be done using C4 techniques? I'm just trying the think of what I could do, hmm.

Original post by James A

How do you all learn maths for edexcle i think i'm doing it wrong, I just answer questions from exam solutions...and a few from the book? Where and whats the best way for you? :smile:
Original post by Blueray2
How do you all learn maths for edexcle i think i'm doing it wrong, I just answer questions from exam solutions...and a few from the book? Where and whats the best way for you? :smile:

I use the official edexcel book, do all questions from the book, but there are some questions that are off spec/won't be asked.

In Maths, regardless of the exam board, practice makes perfect.

By answering more than "a few" from the book.
Ohhhhh I see! Wow quite lucky with UCL there :biggrin: But that sounds pretty awesome, firmed Cambridge I assume?

Quite lucky with UCL, but I was only offered the opportunity after I applied so it didn't affect my decision at all. Aye, firmed Cambridge and insured UCL :smile:
Reply 2893

To build up my knowledge I do a lot questions from the book (mostly in school)
Then for propper revision I just do a lot of past papers, edexcel, solomon, mocks, specimen and other random ones haha
Also, people on this forum are very helpful for revision :') I got some practice questions from them

If you feel comfortable with that then its fine, if you learn with your method its not really the 'wrong' way of revising! Are you satisfied with the performance in your exams?

Original post by James A
I use the official edexcel book, do all questions from the book, but there are some questions that are off spec/won't be asked.

Very true :smile: The best way to get good at maths is to practice, as you get more experienced you'll learn more :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Quite lucky with UCL, but I was only offered the opportunity after I applied so it didn't affect my decision at all. Aye, firmed Cambridge and insured UCL :smile:

Ah, very delayed but congratulations and well done! :smile:
Why not LSE, may i ask?
Also, happen to have any extra reading advice for Economics related degrees? Or shall I just focus on covering the reading lists provided by universities?
Will model answers for Core 2 be posted at midnight?
Reply 2896
Original post by James A

You do every question from the book?! There are loads! :eek:

For the ones I've taught myself, I've just done the last one from each exercise and then start past papers! :tongue:

Completely elementary solution, it's an evil looking integral, no? :wink:
Original post by Felix Felicis
0π/2sin666xsin666x+cos666xdx\displaystyle\int_{0}^{\pi /2} \dfrac{ \sin^{666} x}{ \sin^{666} x + \cos^{666} x} dx

:wink:

Is this correct?

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jkn
You do every question from the book?! There are loads! :eek:

For the ones I've taught myself, I've just done the last one from each exercise and then start past papers! :tongue:

That was an exaggeration, most of the questions I do though. Then you highlight the questions that you find hard and do them again. That way you are prepared for all the questions they could throw at you.

Latest

Trending

Trending