The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

For the last question I think I got 17
Original post by mosheezie
Piss easy FULL UMS FOR ME! My whole college said it was easy af, you guys stop stressing!
Grade boundaries
A* -90
A - 85
Everything below mehh......

lol don't be stupid, 85 for an A?? Lololol nah
Original post by NervousBoy
Anyone get 2.9x10-2 for the Kc value of the order's question because it said apportriate significant figures and standard form?

Same answer as you, it actually said 2 s.f. standard form though (doesn't matter cos you did it anyway lol) the one where it said appropriate was Kc questions I'm pretty sure
Original post by k.russell
Slightly different method, but the same answer! Confident in that one because I did check it twice and and I've done quite a lot of those questions ( I used the value of Kw at 60'C)

thank youuuu I know there's two ways of doing it!
I didn't finish....missed out Q7 and 8 completely. I feel so annoyed rn it's unbelievable 😩😓
Piss easy FULL UMS FOR ME! My whole college said it was easy af, you guys stop stressing!
Grade boundaries
A* -90
A - 85

Yeah, agree it was quite easy but stop being obtuse! :smile:
Reply 3346
Original post by ToLiveInADream
F321 - yellow precipiate formed from Ag + I

Sigh. Bet the resitters were laughing at that one and the linear one.

It was 79 for an A last year, one of the highest it's ever been. This will certainly not be higher than that. Harder than this years F324 tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by screwedmofo
i got 11.72, what did u get for the ph of the buffer of HNO2 i got 2.12?

I got 2.12 as well. Not sure it's correct though :/
Why was H+ not a catalyst!? I said it doesn't speed up the rate of reaction and is not reformed ?
Reply 3349
Original post by k.russell
Not 100% on this, but I imagine the equilibrium lying to the left is related to the attractions between water and I2 not being strong therefore it is not favourable for for I2 to be dissolved.. The equilibrium position is probably caused by the lack of polarity and hence solubility, rather than the solubility being determined by the equilibrium position ygm?

I definitely agree that the polarity argument makes sense and is right, unless this is a throw back to electronegativity from F321 etc I don't really see how its relevant when the whole question is about equilibriums and how they shift etc. I just assumed it was as obvious as it seemed as it was only 1 mark
Does anyone think that there was a lot more AS stuff than normal in both F324 and F325 this year? Also do people think that that paper was harder than 2014 and 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 2.12 for one question and then following that I got 3.43 i think? pH im guessing
So I actually thought the sneakiest question on the whole damn paper was the electron configuration of Cu+, it's not like other configurations, because coppers normal config. is ...3d104s1 so Cu+ is ...3d10 did anyone put the same?
Original post by DazBoy
I got 2.12 as well. Not sure it's correct though :/

Omg thought I was the only one...thank god

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alu4days
Hey were you supposed to use 100cm3 or 120cm3?
Because if its diluted you should take the total volume of everything?

100cm3 because it was made up to 100cm3. atleast that's how i interpreted it
Original post by LThomas694
Does anyone think that there was a lot more AS stuff than normal in both F324 and F325 this year? Also do people think that that paper was harder than 2014 and 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely harder than 2015
Grade boundaries
A* -90
A - 85

Well good for you. Of course your whole college got it easy where you attend '' Eton''.
When I was doing it, it seemed hard.
Now that I'm out, it looks easy :/

Hopefully 85 is an A*

Lol at F321 in the paper tho
[QUOTE="CaoimheMee;66007408"]thank youuuu I know there's two ways of doing it![/QUOTE
err, i used the poh method, and got 11.72 but not sure if the temperature wud effect the ph
What did everyone write for the reducing/oxidising agent with cell potentials 6 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending