Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    Haha, lucky to get a choice of three languages though! I discovered another prospective German student for next year, although it looks like they'll be two French classes!
    Nah when we came to school in year 7 the yeargoup was split in half, one half did French and German and the other half did French and Spanish. I was going to do French, German and Spanish for GCSE but didn't want to drop geography I hope the language classes stay tiny! Plus in my school if you take a language you're put into the language form, so I'll be surrounded by my fellow language geeks paha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I am one of approximately four people in my area taking A level Chinese. My school is, I think, the only one doing it anywhere near me. I feel kinda lonely lol, I can relate to how you feel
    I'd LOVE to take a level Chinese! I'm so envious of you! Have loads of fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Nah when we came to school in year 7 the yeargoup was split in half, one half did French and German and the other half did French and Spanish. I was going to do French, German and Spanish for GCSE but didn't want to drop geography I hope the language classes stay tiny! Plus in my school if you take a language you're put into the language form, so I'll be surrounded by my fellow language geeks paha
    We did French, German as singular languages or both. I still both but only about 20 of us chose to. I think smaller classes are so much more helpful, especially within languages, so I hope so too!

ReputationRep:
    We did French, German as singular languages or both. I still both but only about 20 of us chose to. I think smaller classes are so much more helpful, especially within languages, so I hope so too!
    I was the only person in my year group to do French and German! 2 people took French and Spanish. I'm so close to giving up with French, but I reaaaallyy want that A*...

ReputationRep:
    Chinese!? Now I feel deprived of languages, we don't even do Spanish.

Yeah, so do I, none of my friends are taking German - a few French, I guess. The problems with taking the more 'unusual' languages
    Yup. Fortunately I know the people in my class really well and my teacher is awesome, so even though we're the first year group to do A level I'm confident I can do it. :yy:

(Original post by ImagineCats)
    I'd LOVE to take a level Chinese! I'm so envious of you! Have loads of fun
    Thanks, I will
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Anyone else happen to have like a mentor in school? I've been assigned one but I'm not really sure what they're going to do and yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Anyone else happen to have like a mentor in school? I've been assigned one but I'm not really sure what they're going to do and yeah...
    I have one but to be honest we haven't done anything. We've had one meeting and couldn't think of any targets. :facepalm:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I have one but to be honest we haven't done anything. We've had one meeting and couldn't think of any targets. :facepalm:
    I think we will end up having targets 'cause i know the teacher well and she's been helping me with stuff since like year 10.

ReputationRep:
    I think we will end up having targets 'cause i know the teacher well and she's been helping me with stuff since like year 10.
    That's good. Mine is the schools flute teacher who joined this year...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That's good. Mine is the schools flute teacher who joined this year...
    I only got given one because she offered to be my mentor today... Usually teachers put their names down and because of this you could end up with someone you hate.

my sisters is the head girl, for example. so she doesn't even have a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    I had my ICT GCSE this week and I'm so glad it's over now. Now I just need to wait for the results, which I thought would be given to us on Results Day but apparently we're getting them in March or something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    I had my ICT GCSE this week and I'm so glad it's over now. Now I just need to wait for the results, which I thought would be given to us on Results Day but apparently we're getting them in March or something :confused:
    Congratulations, hope you get a good grade. I wish mine was over already :/

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    Last year I was assigned to help some year 8's with reading The Boy in the Striped Pj's and helping them with their English analysis. Most of them really couldn't care less, plus the school arranged this 3 months prior to our core science exams so I revised science instead of helping the poor year 8 out

ReputationRep:
    I'm so motivated, but I really can't be bothered :confused: It's great to know that the next few months are going to speed by, so soon I'll be in sixth form eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Congratulations, hope you get a good grade. I wish mine was over already :/

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    Thank you! What exam board are you on for ICT? Are you doing it in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    I have my French speaking assessment soon, and I really need help with it, any suggestions for me ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    I have my French speaking assessment soon, and I really need help with it, any suggestions for me ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had that yesterday. I'd say memorise it just like you would writing and just say it out. If possible get someone french to record themselves saying it. Listen to french songs to get an idea of the accent. Watch youtube videos to try learning the uvila trill [don't think I spelt tht ryt but u can still find it] This is somewhat key as it's the basis of the accent.

Well Gd luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Wwere you doing DIDA by any chance? I had to do a web design exam this week as well and it ended dreadfully :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFeuilly)
    Wwere you doing DIDA by any chance? I had to do a web design exam this week as well and it ended dreadfully :P
    Yep mine was DIDA! Was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The best advice I've ever got was learn the whole speaking in English too. When you've paused, just translate it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.