The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
r0manticide17
Wahey, Whitworth Park is the best. Don't swap to Oak House!

I still feel a bit peeved though, is it not a bit crappy it not being in Fallowfield?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
To be honest, im not too bothered which campus im on as long as its not catered or in PG accommodation, ur lucky you have somewhere!
No, not at all. It's close to the city centre, right next door to the academy where all the gigs are, which is also the union (just been refurbed too, though I never thought of it as much of a dump before they did it up), and right near lectures! So it's all good.
If you visited the open house day, you'll probably have seen the amount of buses up and down Oxford Road. If you multiply that number by about 10, that's the amound of buses you'll see going to fallowfield on that road per hour. Busy bus route. Get on a bus to fallowfield and you'll be there in about ten mins. So you won't miss out at all :smile:
Reply 23
r0manticide17
No, not at all. It's close to the city centre, right next door to the academy where all the gigs are, which is also the union (just been refurbed too, though I never thought of it as much of a dump before they did it up), and right near lectures! So it's all good.
If you visited the open house day, you'll probably have seen the amount of buses up and down Oxford Road. If you multiply that number by about 10, that's the amound of buses you'll see going to fallowfield on that road per hour. Busy bus route. Get on a bus to fallowfield and you'll be there in about ten mins. So you won't miss out at all :smile:

Surely its not the same as actually living there though, and having a place to stay up there?
Reply 24
I wish I had SOMEWHERE to stay! lol

I wish I was in the situation to complain about not being in fallowfield...

Im still waiting for my appeal to be answered

:-(
Fella
Surely its not the same as actually living there though, and having a place to stay up there?

I don't follow. You get where you're given and you make your friends, you have a good time. I don't get what all this fuss is about regarding halls and people not being happy!
I got into Weston!! My first choice! Pretty surprised as I confirmed late & everyone on here seemed to be getting shared bathroom catered!
Reply 27
Called them up last Tuesday and was told that they will give out the offers by the end of this week... But it's already Sunday, and I've still not hear anything about them.

Wondering if they are working on Sundays..going to try call them up later!!
Reply 28
Well I got pressured into puttin my deposit down for the accommodation I dont want, Im still waiting for my appeal to come through... pissing me off, cos I cant pay for the accommodation given to me.
soulstargy
Well I got pressured into puttin my deposit down for the accommodation I dont want, Im still waiting for my appeal to come through... pissing me off, cos I cant pay for the accommodation given to me.

You may as well put a deposit down, it'll be transferrable if you do get moved and at least then you don't risk being stuck with no accommodation. When did you send your appeal?
Reply 30
well, i got forced into putting deposit down for Owens Park (Green court) but i really really want Oak House, ur so lucky!
I hope i can change when i get there
soulstargy
well, i got forced into putting deposit down for Owens Park (Green court) but i really really want Oak House, ur so lucky!

They've shoved me in a single-sex flat though :hmpf:
Reply 32
soulstargy

Don't worry hun, there's a period in October before your first accommodation payment is due to be made where anyone who wants to change, can change :biggrin:
Reply 33
Snarf
Don't worry hun, there's a period in October before your first accommodation payment is due to be made where anyone who wants to change, can change :biggrin:

really? thats a relief then, i heard owens park is ace, but i jus have an issue with the cost and catered thing. itl be cool tho for the first bit, jus hope i can change to oak house maybe...
Reply 34
Reply 35
thank God for that, was seriously stressin out lol, manchester accommodation has been a nightmare so far.. :-(

Latest

Trending

Trending