The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lularose83
Did unexpectedly bad in both chem papers :/

I'm sorry - that must have been a really nasty suprise :frown:

Do you need any advice about what to do next? Feel free to shoot me a PM or post in the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:
Original post by itsConnor_
I got 81/90 in F324, 116/150 in F325 and 60/60 in F326 and got an A overall :frown: needed A* for my offer

Hard to swallow when you done so well in the others. What was your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 81/90 in F324, 116/150 in F325 and 60/60 in F326 and got an A overall :frown: needed A* for my offer

I'm really sorry about that - sounds like F325 was a really tricky one.

If you need any advice about what to do next, you can make a thread in our Applications and UCAS forum - you still have plenty of options of what to do next :smile:
Got 83/90, 137/150, 60/60. Slightly lower UMS than I thought in exams but still a comfortable A* overall.
Original post by thad33
Hard to swallow when you done so well in the others. What was your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*AA for chemistry at Durham. Got AAAA but remarking my English lit. exam as I was 1 raw mark off an A*. I was 7 off I think in chem so too much for remark right?

How did you do? :smile:
I really don't understand how those number works can someone help me plz! How many marks overall do I need to get C or above ?! Plz plz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roz96
I really don't understand how those number works can someone help me plz! How many marks overall do I need to get C or above ?! Plz plz

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need 360/600 UMS for a C or above overall
Original post by Fox Corner
I'm sorry - that must have been a really nasty suprise :frown:

Do you need any advice about what to do next? Feel free to shoot me a PM or post in the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:

Hi 😊 I'm applying for a course in clearing, however as my overall grade was C in chem (2 ums away from B) most unis are being sceptical about giving me a place (I want to do neuroscience, and B in chem is required for most)
74, 118 and 60. I'm not too surprised, I'm just sad the grade boundaries were so high, the chemistry standards of exam perfectionism are tough
Congrats to everyone who did well in A2 chemistry, I sadly did horrifically, I know maybe this year's paper was easier but it's kinda funny that the D I got in F214 this year would've been an A last year, which would put me well into the next grade but oh well.
A*AA for chemistry at Durham. Got AAAA but remarking my English lit. exam as I was 1 raw mark off an A*. I was 7 off I think in chem so too much for remark right?

Fingers crossed for you mate.

**** knows how it happened but I only managed 103/150 for F325. I genuinely think whoever marked it rushed my paper, I answered every question fully and I knew the content really well. Getting it remarked either way.

All the other exams went well but a B in chemistry stings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33

**** knows how it happened but I only managed 103/150 for F325. I genuinely think whoever marked it rushed my paper, I answered every question fully and I knew the content really well. Getting it remarked either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's still 1 off a B, so not a disaster? The grade boundaries were really high (same as last year I think) though. Did you get into uni?

Hopefully your remark pulls you up :smile:
Went down from a high A at AS to a B :frown:
Got an A* in paper one and C in paper two, I knew I flopped that but thought it'll be a B at least.
Still got into uni though but don't understand why the grade boundaries were so high for the second paper it seems sooo much harder than last years paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thad33

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same, I got close to a B but no idea how I would get less than 71 to advocate getting a C as I've never gotten a C in chem before but I'm not bothering to remark

7 ums isnt that far. I remarked a biology exam and lost 7 UMS marks in just 1 exam! I've also gained 2 by remarking other exams (this was at AS). So it just goes to show remarks can change things.
Original post by BioStudentx
7 ums isnt that far. I remarked a biology exam and lost 7 UMS marks in just 1 exam! I've also gained 2 by remarking other exams (this was at AS). So it just goes to show remarks can change things.

Sorry it's 7 raw marks and 13 UMS! Way too far off for a remark especially for £56 i think.
Got 103/150 in the second paper, which is a C. coursework was a C too (but not surprised, i'm terrible w coursework and my teachers hated me) Got a B overall, w 20 ums from an A. it's funny because i thought that paper was my best one haha, i really liked the module. i'm not overjoyed w the overall but i'm content.
70/90, 111/150 and 60/60 absolutely thrilled :biggrin: :biggrin:
Sorry it's 7 raw marks and 13 UMS! Way too far off for a remark especially for £56 i think.

It's a 100 mark paper so you never know.
I did get into uni but it's just irritating. Averaged A's across all the other Chem units so I'm gutted.
The mark scheme must have been really strict. I need 5 raw for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
wait how is it everyone knows what grade they got in individual units ???????????????/ my results slip showed just one grade for chemistry !!! every other subject had its individual units but not chemistry ??
really wanted to know how I did in F324

is it just my school ????????????????????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending